Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Fly screens and doors

Page 1 of 1
I just called my window supplier (A&L windows) to get a quote on fly screens and I am wondering if anyone can comment on the prices:

Awning (full length) = $45ech
Sliding (any size) = $30 each

So I have 3 full length awning and 10 sliders so that's a total of $435

I also asked about the sliding doors and they range from $445 for a basic one with diamond mesh through to $800 for a marine grade steel mesh slider with a key lock.

I'm sick of spending money already!

What are people's thoughts on the prices and can you recommend I get quotes from anywhere else? I'm building in Mernda (North of Melbourne)
Eeeek!! Not sure about prices.. haven't been looking around just yet, but will definately be keeping an eye on this thread! Our rental didn't have any flyscreens and it drove us CRAZY.
Does anyone feel like sharing the cost of their fly screens and security doors?!?
lisanne
Does anyone feel like sharing the cost of their fly screens and security doors?!?

We are getting flyscreens through PD as it was part of a promo. I got them to add a flyscreen door to the laundry which was approx $230 but now I am kicking myself as I should have waited and got a security door instead.

Your quote sounds fairly reasonable though.
We are getting ours through the builder, no breakdown on diff between sliders and awning. Total cost is $630. We have 8 awning windows and 5 sliders that are being screened.
Also getting sliding door screens, 2 doors for $540 total.
We thought this price was low enough to save us the hassle of trying to organise it later.... hopefully we'll be moving in during Summer so will need them straight away.
buzz
I have paid for one flyscreen for the garage window as the others were thrown in for free, and that cost me $40, it is one sliding window.

I am yet to check out security doors, which is on my list for this weeks days off
Can I ask Lisa if those prices are including installation?
Thanks everyone!

erinleigh
Can I ask Lisa if those prices are including installation?

I assume so!
Well I have just had my quote done for security doors, as my brother is renovating his house at the moment and found this company through him

I am having a stainless steel mesh plain front door with triple lock in Woodland grey which thankfully he has and no need to powder coat which was going to cost an extra $150, 3x and also x1 which is smaller for the laundry, diamond sliding doors with tougher mesh behind it that you can see out but nobody can see in, which shall be in white birch to match the windows, grand total of $2300 including installation for the 5 doors and keyed alike. Had a quote yesterday afternoon which was nearly $3000.
From memory, we paid about $35 each for fly screens to our windows. We decided to get them through Henley to save the hassle of getting someone in to install them later. Fly screen door to stacker cost $460 (non diamond grill one, just plain).
Thanks everyone so it seems they are fairly normal prices
Lisa - It would be a good idea to go through the window company as you know you will be getting a good fit on the screens and doors.

Strange how PD use A&L for Access and Bradnams for Prestige
Related
22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

13/02/2024
Safety screens! Worth them?

Safer Living

Hi everyone. I am a single mother with little daughter, living in a small tourist town in WA Australia. I am thinking to install security screens to all the doors and…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum