Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

A&L Architectural colours... price?

Page 1 of 2
Well apparently having wooden front windows and painting them dark is a no go.

I want colourbond monument guttering.... but the black windows make the Monument look dirty.

So I now have to look at going for an architectural colour... whatever the hell that means.

Has anyone had to do this? What was the cost?

A&L are useless.... no-one in the office can answer the questions and the sales people can't be bothered ringing me back.

I just need a ballpark figure to do the whole house....

Jo
joles
Well apparently having wooden front windows and painting them dark is a no go.

I want colourbond monument guttering.... but the black windows make the Monument look dirty.

So I now have to look at going for an architectural colour... whatever the hell that means.

Has anyone had to do this? What was the cost?

A&L are useless.... no-one in the office can answer the questions and the sales people can't be bothered ringing me back.

I just need a ballpark figure to do the whole house....

Jo

If it must be A&L, ask for Leo... if not...
Yeah it has to be A&L.. that's what our builer uses.

Leo may be the guy I left the message for yesterday!
Not sure....
WOW... I am thrilled beyond words... NOT!!!!

To go to an architectural colour means going to architectural windows at 3 times the cost of the normal windows!!!!!

Bloody colourbond and window companies not working together!
joles
WOW... I am thrilled beyond words... NOT!!!!

To go to an architectural colour means going to architectural windows at 3 times the cost of the normal windows!!!!!

Bloody colourbond and window companies not working together!

NQR

Colorbond generally lead on colour, most window companies do say 8 standard colours of which maybe 4 are colorbond equivalents (all of EcoClassic's 9 colours are Colorbond equivalent colours).

There is a fair cost for a manufacturer to change colours - increased aluminium waste and increased powder waste plus changeover time. My calculation is $1,500 per average house.

A small number of manufacturers will make almost any colour (not yours
). The architectural window of which you speak is a different range of windows which are custom made which A&L is willing to make in your colour. It is this range of windows that costs 3 times - not the colour.

Challenge your builder to try another supplier and tell him you want a greater colour choice. We often get orders from major builders as the homeowner had to have PVC, or a double glazed casement or bifold door - why not colour?
Do eco classic do Monument? Does anyone do Monument?
Tha majority of people that are using black windows were using Night Sky guttering and/or downpipes.
The Monument and the black do not go!!! the monument actually looks quite dirty when put near the black.
But is absolutely fantastic on its own.

Do you know of any company that does windows in Monument? Or can colour match for a reasonable price?

I realised that the windows itself were the upgrade, but it still the only way to get my colour.

Thanks,
Jo.
What colour are your bricks & tiles Jo?
Is Woodland Grey an option?
We can do that if I can get the colour... Let me ask our supplier (they are local). and I will get back to you shortly. But when do you need windows?

Thanks
Lyn
What colour are your bricks & tiles Jo?
Is Woodland Grey an option?

We have that too... and silver if that helps.

When my supplier replies I will let you know - but we have a whole colour chart from Akzo Nobel to choose from.
We won't start building til January. Woodland Grey isn't an option Lyn because it won't go with what's inside the house. And it also looks weird with Monument. Metro Silver looks a bit funny. The only option is white.
I guess that won't look too bad if we have black blinds and window furnishings...

All our interiors will be grey and charcoal so that also rules out Paperbark (merino) and the cream colours.

I was so organised..... bloody colourbond!
joles
We won't start building til January. Woodland Grey isn't an option Lyn because it won't go with what's inside the house. And it also looks weird with Monument. Metro Silver looks a bit funny. The only option is white.
I guess that won't look too bad if we have black blinds and window furnishings...

All our interiors will be grey and charcoal so that also rules out Paperbark (merino) and the cream colours.

I was so organised..... bloody colourbond!

It is likely we can get it - but I just want our supplier to tell us as Monument is a new colour. Our silver is not metro silver, ours looks like silver anodised.
My builder is Boutique... I'm having double glazing as well. what colours exactly do you do as standard? So your silver actually looks silver? Hmmm.... that may work if Monument is not a possibility.
joles
My builder is Boutique... I'm having double glazing as well. what colours exactly do you do as standard? So your silver actually looks silver? Hmmm.... that may work if Monument is not a possibility.

Are you building the Boutique 2 storey (which is displayed) in Hummingbird in Tarneit (Bella Vista??)?
No one of the single storey houses that are at Tarneit. The Promenade.
joles
No one of the single storey houses that are at Tarneit. The Promenade.

We are a Boutique supplier!!!

EcoClassic supplied the windows in the Boutique 2 storey display (although A&L seem to be getting the orders
) - so this should not be a problem. We are also making a very big job in Vivica Palladium Silver which is very silvery, I am sure we could fit you in for that colour. But it all needs to happen very fast. I will let you know when I hear from Akzo Nobel about Monument.

Meanwhile you need to tell Boutique what is going on and possibly drop into our showroom to see other colours. PM me if Boutique give you a hard time.
I've been out to the display today and had a look at the ecoclassic product in the two storey.
What type of frames are they? Thermally broken aluminium?

The word from Boutique is this shouldn't be a problem. Waiting for final word on that.

When is a good time to come down to the showroom and have a look? What are the opening times?
Hi Joles

Our window is the energy best rated aluminium window in WERS, better than A&L. It is what everybody calls aluminium improved (which means nothing at all), in reality it is an aluminium window which is double glazed. 12mm airgap and silicon glazing with a wind performance rating of N4 (cyclone rated).

Thermally broken is more expensive and we don't have that range available until mid 2009.

I have confirmation for Monument from my supplier. But you should also look at the silver sample - if you think you like silver, you will love Akzo Nobel's Vivica Palladium Silver.

Our showroom is at Unit 24, 17-23 Keppel Drive, Hallam. Tel 03 9708 6499.
You can do Monument!!!!!!!

Yay!!!!!!

I'm so happy! I will ring soemone at the Boutique office now and discuss!!! I might come down tomorrow morning after I drop DS at school!!!!

Thank you!!!!
Jo
joles
You can do Monument!!!!!!!

Yay!!!!!!

I'm so happy! I will ring soemone at the Boutique office now and discuss!!! I might come down tomorrow morning after I drop DS at school!!!!

Thank you!!!!
Jo

Whoaaa,

I don't have a sample here of Monument. It may arrive tomorrow - but probably later in the week. I should have silver tomorrow... but you can come and see the windows... or we can call you when we have the sample. Ask your contact at Boutique to talk to EcoClassic to discuss lead time etc. We need an order in the coming week to make this work.

And you are welcome...
The Monument would colourmatch the colourbond Monument though? I have the colourbond sample and I love it, I'm more interested in seeing the silver... but I'm happy just to go with Monument if it's colourmatched. That's my preference.

My contact at the builder will ring me back tomorrow... so the order has to be done in a week to fit in for a January site start?

We don't have final plans yet.... but the things we're still working out won't effect windows I don't think...

I'm just happy to have a possible potential option at this point!
Related
29/11/2023
Customizing Architectural BIM Services

Building A New House

also your QR code link is sus. Thanks for playing

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

18/07/2023
Unusual Delays and Significant Price Increase During Pre-con

Building A New House

Just to makea point about this, an approach that some people have found sucessful in negotiating these rises down, Is to provide some workings to the builder, specifying…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum