Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Large Shed Concrete Slab - Class M Soil, Sand depth, Advice

Page 1 of 1
Hi all.
I am building a large structural steel shed on M class soil with a fair bit of clay. Due to the slope of the ground I have had to cut from some areas and fill in others. (I know this is not advisable but due to cost factors was the only option). This has been compacted to some degree and the filled areas have also been sitting for 18 months or so.

My questions are as follows.
Sand Depth : What depth of sand would be advisable in this type of situation under the slab. I know the shed columns will have much deeper footings for support but I am talking for the main shed floor area which is approx 600m2.
Other preparation : Are there any other preparations that would be advisable (prior to concreting coming in)

Any advise would be appreciated.
Related
5/10/2023
OB large shed

Owner Builder Forum

Looking for recommendations for structural engineer that isn't likely to over engineer....as I've read a few posts. 9x7m shed Site class "p" Area is in northern Grampians…

12/09/2023
Sand or soil to fill in a trench

General Discussion

sand is better drainage than soil

15/12/2023
Getting home built - Is H1 class waffle pod slab ok?

Building A New House

The Soil classification has little to do with piers. The purpose of the classing of the soil is to identify the clay content and the "average expected range of movement…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum