Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Recycled Rubber Pavers

Page 1 of 1
Hi all. I am a newbie from Adelaide and am after any opinions or advice I can get on this matter.

I have just had a fibreglass pool installed and will be getting Fremantle Stone bullnose coping adhered to the lip / edge of the pool. The fremantle stone is laser cut so apparently it is suitable to glue straight onto the fibreglass using a marine grade adhesive.

I will then be getting pattern pave concrete - 100mm thick for the pool deck which will butt up to the coping and be at the same level. I need to put an expansion joint between the coping and the concrete, and I believe expansion joint foam will be used for that (not sure how thick it needs to be). This will leave an unsightly gap between the sandstone coloured coping and concrete. I have read in other posts that sikaflex make a sanstone coloured sealer but I wonder how effective that will be and how it will look.

I thought about putting a row of dark (charcoal or black) brick size paver end to end between the coping and the concrete so that the black expansion foam will not be so obvious and it will compliment the black pool fence and give a bit of contrast and feature to the paving.

I then thought about using recycled rubber pavers instead and using them for the expansion joint and a feature.

My question is, would the recycled rubber provide enough elesticity for an expansion joint?
And, does anybody know where I can get recycled rubber pavers in Adelaide or South Australia.

Cheers.
Related
24/04/2024
Ensure rubber gym floor is flush to floorboards in hallway?

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, looking to have a gym in a new build. Planning to install some sort of rubber mat flooring (on concrete) i.e. Asking the builder to not do floorboards in the gym…

13/01/2024
Poorly finished exposed recycled brick boundary wall.

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi all, My neighbour has built his 15m long garage on our boundary. It was agreed as part of the planning permit that the wall must be in exposed recycled brick. For some…

19/11/2023
Expertise on keeping large pavers in place driveway

Renovation + Home Improvement

Appreciate that Chippy. I won’t do sand under pavers and will connect all up under pavers, however I was going to do: 1) Roadbase compacted with manual hand tamper 2)…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum