Join Login
Building ForumPaving & Concreting

Not sure about concrete job

Page 2 of 2
UpsizeTime
Thanks for all your comments.

Firstly the levels are all fine and not the issue I was asking about. They have done what we asked as we wanted the initial point to start at the alfresco height. The water doesn't pool at the retaining wall it goes towards the drain points.

I spoke to the concreter who thankfully agreed in all the points I have mentioned. He is going to come back and re seal to make sure it is even.

With the bricks, he is annoyed at his employees and wants us to organise a brick cleaner and deduct the cost of cleaning from the final payment. Now just have to hope the colour comes of without wrecking something else.

Good. Any reputable tradie would act this way. Word of mouth is a big thing.

He might give them a boot up the bum ...
building-expert
Defective drainage and defective non compliant paving is one of the most common problems in new homes (in fact all homes) following behind poorly installed ceiling insulation.

One of the first questions I ask owner is who did the paving and levels.

So BE, what your opinion of the levels on this job? I personally cannot understand it.
qebtel
building-expert
Defective drainage and defective non compliant paving is one of the most common problems in new homes (in fact all homes) following behind poorly installed ceiling insulation.

One of the first questions I ask owner is who did the paving and levels.

So BE, what your opinion of the levels on this job? I personally cannot understand it.

I don't have enough information to form opinion, I would have to inspect the job.
Mixing colour all the way through is very expensive for the concrete supplier because the need to spend a lot of time cleaning equipment to avoid contamination of subsequent mixes.

Dusting and troweling in is very effective if done correctly.

I'm not a fan of painted concrete. It will peel and its a nightmare to maintain.. Sorry

Related
19/01/2024
Exposed Aggregate Concrete Repair / Replacement - small job

Paving & Concreting

Last year I had a gas leak at my house. 3 days later, I have about 1 sqm of my exposed aggregate paving broken up. I am not sure how to go about getting it repaired…

5/12/2023
Concerns with my Tiler's job. With Pictures

Bathrooms and Laundry

Regardless of wall hung toilet or floor pan toilet your feet will be right on drain, seems to me the waste should not be in that location given the design. Also are you…

25/03/2024
Job sequences in fixing and fit-off stage

Building A New House

Thanks for much mate. I see that you do cabinets before flooring. For timber flooring, for most parts it's fine because it's got base plates, and for door jabs you can…

You are here
Building ForumPaving & Concreting
Home
Pros
Forum