Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

After a temporary fix for damaged shower

Page 1 of 1
We have water damage to the walls in a shower at a rental property. Only just brought to our attention and it's looking bad. The plaster walls are warped and four lower tiles have popped off. Lots of mould.

Plan is to renovate the shower complex and replace walls and floor and start again, but we don't want to start that project now, in case it's stalled by a coronavirus lockdown and it's left half finished and the house is unliveable.

Any suggestions to help it look better for a couple of months until we can reliably engage a tradie to do the job properly? Can't stick the tiles back on because of the curved shape of the wall.

Would be so appreciative of some creative and knowledgeable ideas.

TIA.
You really need to find out where the water is getting in?
The waterproofing may be defective but it could be a leak in the wall at a pipe joint or something.
If it's a leak you need to get it sorted or you are in for a mountain of expense if left.

If it's the waterproofing and tiles that have gone then you could do some temporary fix but as it's a question of how good you want it to look and how much you want to spend.
Thanks.

Pretty sure it's the tiles and waterproofing that have failed. What could a temporary fix look like? Obviously want to keep costs low, given it will all be replaced once covid lockdown is lifted, but tenants have to live with it in the meantime too...
If it's just the tiles and waterproof membrane that has gone then you could effect a repair by covering the effected areas with one of the waterproof solid shower wall products like acrylic sheet from Bunnings or Laminex aquapanel that is available from Laminex.
https://selector.com/products/aquapanel ... -panelling
You would just need to make sure you used liberal amounts of silicon to prevent water getting behind the temporary sheeting. If you haven't done anything like this it's probably better to get someone in that can give you a decent finish and prevent further water damage.
You will destroy the tiling to get it off so be prepared for this to be only temporary and a short term fix
Related
30/09/2023
Temporary bracing for partition wall

General Discussion

Hi all, Not sure if this is a good place for this question but I guess we'll find out! I'm a novice, building a modular room inside my garage/shed and need to create…

17/10/2023
Warped/damaged roof truss?

General Discussion

It's hard to comment as the photos area bit dark ( you might need a new 15 - just got one and wow > ) Jokes aside, I can see one member that is cracked. I would find a…

10/05/2024
Damaged/repaired PVC pipe under concrete slab

General Discussion

The coupling, which is made from flexible PVC, needs to comply with AS/NZS 4327 which specifies the requirements for metal banded flexible couplings used in low-pressure…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum