Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Tile over tile - walk in shower

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

we've got an ensuite that has been built 9 years ago.

The two main issues are that the water in the walk-in-shower does not drain completely due to incorrect fall (there is always a puddle left)
Secondly, the shower column is mounted too low - I'm 184 and can't stand upright under the showerhead.

We've obtained a first quote to renovate the ensuite (basically stripping everything out which came in at 42k (!)

I will get two more quotes but I wonder whether there is a cheaper solution that does not include ripping out the entire bath. I would not mind having tiles on tiles if that meant that we'd save say 30k.

Is it possible at all to tile-over-tile in a walk in shower in order to correct the fall?

The only wall that would needed tile-over-tile would be the one the shower column is mounted on as this will need to be moved up or replaced (which would require the pipes to come out in different locations. As the remaining walls are tiled white (30x60), a feature tile wall may actually look nice.

Many thanks, Christian
Related
21/03/2024
Heated vertical towel rail at the end of a walk-in shower

Bathrooms and Laundry

Electrical just got back to me and said the most they can provide is a single power point on the Bedroom 1 side of that wall. After handover, your towel rail installer…

13/04/2024
Regulations for shower over bath

General Discussion

You need to reference the manufactures installation guide, your supplier may have strengthened the base where it is not required to sit on a bed.

9/04/2024
Proposed walk in linen

Renovation + Home Improvement

Do you really want to accommodate the window? What is on the outside of the window? Do you want to be able to see your towels from outside? I would blank the window from…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum