Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom layout- opinions on which way to go.

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, we have asked for a toilet to be included in the main bathroom and our builder has given us three options- any opinions on which would work better layout wise?
We have a seperate wc next door to the bathroom, but with 4 kids, we feel the need for a third toilet. Thanks in advance for the input guys!

doogs82
Hi all, we have asked for a toilet to be included in the main bathroom and our builder has given us three options- any opinions on which would work better layout wise?
We have a seperate wc next door to the bathroom, but with 4 kids, we feel the need for a third toilet. Thanks in advance for the input guys!

I like Option 2 as the vanity sink is the first thing I will see when I enter the bathroom instead of the toilet bowl. Also the toilet bowl is perfectly positioned to the side. The lay out feels spacious too.
I think option 1 works better if you switch the position of vanity and toilet.

Thanks for the feedback- 3350x1930 is what we have to work with if that helps at all.
Given the above feedback, what do you think about this layout?

Not keen on any of the layouts, and would have thought the tiny vanities in nearly all of the options would be a problem with four kids too. Can you fit the third toilet elsewhere in the house, such as in the laundry?
There isn’t anywhere else for it to go- our original design had a powder room next to the bathroom at 1200 wide, but two toilets in a house of 6 could get interesting at times.
This house is packing a heap into a small footprint, so we know there will be compromises- it’s just a case of which is the best compromise.
We need in the bathroom; a toilet, a vanity, a bath, and a shower- without it feeling jammed up. If you have any suggestions based on the dimensions I stated earlier, I’d be keen to hear them

Thanks

Bog in the laundry is so practical. Great, too, for when the tradies are working around the house in times to come.
There is no room in the laundry

The compromise comes from making the pwd room a WC, taking 100mm from the theatre and taking 100mm from bed 4.
It’s a 5 bed 27sq on 408 square metres-
The layout is now pretty much locked in, it’s really just fine tuning layouts within rooms and stealing a little space here and there.
My partner and I have 2 kids each, some times there’s just the two of us, sometimes we are 4, sometimes we are 6.
Hence the small 4 kids rooms and the need for a 3rd toilet.
The toilet has to go in the bathroom, all the other space has been stolen!

Related
23/05/2024
two way and three-way switch locations

Building A New House

hallway light switches outside each bedroom. Life saver.

18/08/2023
Bathroom floor tile layout

Bathrooms and Laundry

Possibly both depending on the sizing. Idea of working from the centre is that you dont have a 20mm thin tile at one end and a 400mm at the other end. A quick search on…

27/06/2023
Drive way channel drain

General Discussion

Yeah mine about 9 metres long and 8 wide with slope of 25% at one point but the end point of the outlet is past the side of garage and if he concretes allowing for…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum