Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

cleaning new grout

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if someone could offer some assistance. I just got the keys to my new house last Thursday and went in over the weekend to clean as the builder's didn't really do much of a clean.

I have tiled shower bases in both my bathrooms, and my ensuite shower base had some spilt residue on the tiles/grout in some spots. It looks like a combination of paint, glue and silicone. I've got the bulk of it off, but there are some spots where the grout is still stained.

Any idea what I can use to restore the grout and remove the stains? I've been scrubbing with a stiff brush and using a 50:50 mix of hot water and methylated spirits, but still can't quite get it perfectly clean. Is acetone safe to use, or will it discolour my grout?
Bi carb/vinegar paste and an old toothbrush

Won't discolour the grout?
Related
20/10/2023
Grout stains in new bathroom

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hi everyone, Have just put a shower in the laundry and after only using it 2-3 times have noticed staining on the grout. The tiles were glued onto a concrete wall after…

5/08/2023
Grout tile around spigot?

Paving & Concreting

Thanks splashers, that makes sense. The waterproofing guy used this Davco product, I will raise the issue with builder and hopefully get resolved with him - if not…

29/04/2024
Black tile grout become a chalky colour.

Flooring & Floor Covering

Have some black tiles in our bathroom on one feature wall laid on top of the waterproofing. What I think is efflorescence or white chalky looking grout has turned the…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum