Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Leaking shower screen

Page 1 of 1
Good Afternoon,
I recently had a shower screen replaced by insurance company under thier contracted trades person. After some time it is apparent that there is a leak issue from the wet room. We have had numerous trades people review the site, to find no apparent reason except for the three small leaks from the silicone seal around the shower screen. The shower screen sits directly onto the floor tiles. The screen was dislodged by my partner when he slipped in the shower. At the time of replacement, should the trades person have inspected the waterstop, water barrier prior to re installing a new shower screen. Would the trades person have picked up if further works were required, if the frame was not removed and only glass replaced. How do I detect a water barrier installed? How long should the waterstop and water barrier have or life span, and at what point is it due for replacement. How would or could a non trades person detect whether these need attending too. The shower was not leaking prior to the fall, but is know after the new screen has been installed. What experience have you had with these incidences, and have you been able to find other problem matic areas affecting the containment of water in instances of falls withing wet areas.
If you can provide some guidance or ways to check the waterstop or water barrier that would be great.
Thanks team
Hi. I had a similar issue with water leaking out the side of the shower. It was a relatively easy fix by using clear silicone along the inner and outter edges of where the glass sits on the tiles.

That fixed that issue. The second issue was a leak coming out of the tiles outside of the shower itself. Water was trickling out of one of the grout lines onto the plaster board. I stopped the issue by going over the niche that we had installed with a led light and siliconing where ever I saw even the smallest of holes/cracks/gaps. The issue was is that water was pooling inside of the niche and found a small enough hole to get into and make it's way out the shower area through groutlines.
Related
31/05/2024
Shower screen exploded

Bathrooms and Laundry

For replacements, I'd definitely go with an Australian-made product for quality assurance. Stegbar is a solid choice, I've heard good things about their durability and…

11/01/2024
Leaking Hot water

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi, I've got a brand new (2nd hand) Bosch Hydropower 16H tankless hot water heater. Since it was installed I have noticed it leaks a lot. I took the cover off and it looks…

20/05/2024
Detect leaking pvc pipe undergound

Renovation + Home Improvement

My first suspect area is at the bottom of the harvested downpipe furthest from the tank. PVC downpipes expand and contract with heat and cold, putting pressure on the…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum