Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Wall niche next to toilet?

Page 1 of 1
Hopefully this isn't a silly question.

We're in the planning stage of a new house and while I was looking at pictures of shower niches I started wondering if it were possible to have a wall niche in the toilet?

The pictures I've seen online appear to be for public toilets rather than homes and seem a bit OTT. I don't need room for 20 rolls!

Has anyone built a niche behind or next to the toilet for extra toilet paper rolls and/or the toilet brush?
Mate you can build 1 anywhere you want to if you at the design stage.who cares what others think.as long as you are happy an that is what you want☺
That is great idea!!! Never thought of doing that for my build. Go for it.

Wish I had thought of that! Do it! It would be good to hold a couple of rolls and maybe a nice reed diffuser. You wouldn't need a big one at all.
That's a great idea! Wish I had thought of it.
Awesome idea. Keeps everything off the floor! A tall skinny oneset low to the ground near the holder just for toilet rolls would look great.

The idea is good but I disagree with the looks. Unless you could jazz it up a bit with a few other things as well as HA above suggests. I did a rendering of one we considered but although the other half loved it I tend to think it looks a bit like a hospital toilet with the spare rolls there! Handy but...

Forget the default tile colour above...
I don't mind having a niche there but only if it was aesthetically pleasing and I'd still prefer to keep spare rolls in the vanity on the opposite wall

Stewie
If you want it, do it. It is your house.
Another option (which I am doing) - if the wall behind your toilet is 'solid' (no window) is to put some shallow floating shelves to stock the toilet rolls, air freshener, reed diffuser etc. I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was a great idea.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/527624912569561260/
https://www.pinterest.com/explore/toilet-shelves/
Agree, if it can be aesthetically pleasing or hidden, so you can't see it, then I'm going to see how much to do it. Although, I like those pictures of the shelves above the toilet...

There are so many good ideas out there, that it can be a tad overwhelming!
Related
14/06/2024
Downpipe dischargin next to carport wall

General Discussion

Thanks so much! So i really need to run this pipe into a soakwell? Any idea of how much it costs to install a small soakwell with piping?

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum