Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Toilets!

Page 1 of 2
Whats a good contemporary closed couple toilet that FLUSHES WELL!

Are Roca good?
Anyone?
but it's such an important part of our bathroom... And daily life! Ha ha..
i'm also interested to know this as well. I'm surprised no one has answered
No one is interested in their thrones?
I selected Villeroy and Boch Subway wall faced. Little more than Caroma Opal II but quite nice.
There are so many brands that supply closed couple toilets. I think the brand doesn’t really matter. They all are subjected to wear and tear.
Brands do matter.

Caroma is my choice and why they are fitted in so many commercial and public toilets.

Reasonably priced and you should be able to get spare parts in 20 years.
JB1
Brands do matter.

Caroma is my choice and why they are fitted in so many commercial and public toilets.

Thanks. I read something on another forum where the consensus was that Caroma isn't what it used to be. Do you disagree?
For slightly more than Caroma you can have V&B which is a very old brand and looks amazing..... as far as dunnies go I guess
AussieMark
For slightly more than Caroma you can have V&B which is a very old brand and looks amazing..... as far as dunnies go I guess

Thanks for your tip.. Yes I know that brand. How much were yours each roughly?
From memory it was around 400 - 500 upgrade price on what the builder supplied. I have 5 of them so all in all to change everything to V&B was about 3.5K which is 5 WC and 6 Basins. The bathtub is Kaldewei. Go and see the different brands and decide from there.

For WC I wanted wall facing so it looks cleaner and no dirt falling behind.
AussieMark
From memory it was around 400 - 500 upgrade price on what the builder supplied. I have 5 of them so all in all to change everything to V&B was about 3.5K which is 5 WC and 6 Basins. The bathtub is Kaldewei. Go and see the different brands and decide from there.

For WC I wanted wall facing so it looks cleaner and no dirt falling behind.

Ok thanks.. Are you in yet.. I want to make sure whatever I get flushes very well lol! They are a good brand anyway.
I am not in yet but I have had them before and they worked fine. I think with all the brands you have mentioned they will work fine. Get one that wall faced, looks good and is comfortable. There are heaps to choose from.
AussieMark
I am not in yet but I have had them before and they worked fine. I think with all the brands you have mentioned they will work fine. Get one that wall faced, looks good and is comfortable. There are heaps to choose from.

Yeah wall facing a must!! Thanks
Leksie5000
JB1
Brands do matter.

Thanks. I read something on another forum where the consensus was that Caroma isn't what it used to be. Do you disagree?

Not sure, but the 3 I bought 2 years ago haven't given me any problems and are well designed.

I purchased 3 Stirling models.
JB1
Leksie5000
JB1
Brands do matter.

Not sure, but the 3 I bought 2 years ago haven't given me any problems and are well designed.

I purchased 3 Stirling models.

Ok thanks a lot
I spent a lot of time stressing and researching this issue and didn't want to got the cheap option and have a toilet that didnt flush well! I got a Caroma wall-hung (can't remember the model name but can find it if you want) and it's fine. Probably doesn't flush as well as my 1000 year old Caroma we had before (water-saving maybe?) but it's certainly okay. I wouldn't change it. I was going to go with the Stirling after recs (I think on here?) but then went with the wall hung for more floor space.
I have a Caroma in wall toilet and it's pretty good! But my parents bought a wall facing toilet made by a company called Zeavola and it's got the same look, just not an in wall cistern, and they were only like $300.
We have just bought a Caroma close coupled toilet suite. Brand is really important as our last Caroma has lasted nearly 20 years. We were told by plumber to go for a reputable brand and we were willing to spend extra
Just ordered one of these for my ensuite! http://www.reece.com.au/bathrooms/produ ... at-9505387
Related
6/03/2024
How would you fit 2 showers and toilets in this space?

Bathrooms and Laundry

This is the current bathroom with a european laundry. Overall internal dimensions are 3.69 wide and 3.65m deep, including the footprint of the laundry. There is a toilet…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum