Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Brand selection

Page 1 of 1
What is a brand that is a balance of quality and price for a contemporary home in basins, toilets and tapware and other fixtures and fittings (bathroom, ensuite, powder room, kitchen). We have a $5,000 PC but some suggestions from Reece have come in at double that. I assume they try and sell as much as they can though! We don't mind going a bit over especially say on a nice kitchen sink but not double!
Bump...

Looking for brand recs for
Taps and mixers
Basins
Toilets

Is Caroma good quality without being overly premium prices? Grohe for taps? Can any trades comment?
Are you shopping for your tap wear yourself?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75739&p=1299716#p1299716
Grohe and Caroma are good reputable brands, try and look at harvey Normans for tap wear as well as Cass Brothers, applicance online.
We're going for Methven branded tapwear. They are a New Zealand company.

You can also Google Bunnings. They have a few brands and styles that might suit you too. Tradelink as well, ask your builder if they have an account with them to get a discount.

http://acquabathrooms.com.au
One of my patients used these people, but I'm abit weary of the quality and warranty.

I am not sure how many taps you are looking to get but I have grohe throughout the entire house and depending on which line you select you will motor through 5k very fast. Minta Kitchen taps are 650 plus. Basin taps I have linear and they from memory were over 500 each but you can get essence which look nice for around 300. The shower mixers are also quite pricey.

Caroma Opal 2 toilets are around 950, I ended up going villeroy and boch as it was not a lot more relatively speaking. Basins I went with V&B to keep it all the same.

If you are owner building I would go to Harvey Norman commercial and list down everything that you want and ask them to quote. If you are in Perth you could also go to Parkwood plumbing and see all of the brands laid out and you can ask questions. They may be able to put a package together.

Remember you will also need shower rails and roses plus all the bathroom accessories and they can mount very very quickly.
Check out Www.meir.com.au it's based in Melb but they have free delivery Australia wide.

AussieMark
I am not sure how many taps you are looking to get but I have grohe throughout the entire house and depending on which line you select you will motor through 5k very fast. Minta Kitchen taps are 650 plus. Basin taps I have linear and they from memory were over 500 each but you can get essence which look nice for around 300. The shower mixers are also quite pricey.

Caroma Opal 2 toilets are around 950, I ended up going villeroy and boch as it was not a lot more relatively speaking. Basins I went with V&B to keep it all the same.

If you are owner building I would go to Harvey Norman commercial and list down everything that you want and ask them to quote. If you are in Perth you could also go to Parkwood plumbing and see all of the brands laid out and you can ask questions. They may be able to put a package together.

Remember you will also need shower rails and roses plus all the bathroom accessories and they can mount very very quickly.

Yes 5k is indicative but I can see we will go over that. We've decided on an Abbey sink and mixed supplied through the kitchen builder so it's just powder room, ensuite and main bath. The laundry is also sorted. We aren't owner building but using a local Master builder. We don't mind if it's more but I want to make sure the spending is in the right spot. What about toilets? Are Roca decent? I see they might not be as popular in Australia as Europe.. I heard Caroma toilets aren't as good as they used to be?..
Building4my3tots
Are you shopping for your tap wear yourself?

Thanks for your replies, yes we are (to be deducted from PC). Our builder prefers to use the local Reece as their supplier but we can get if from or ask for them to get it from wherever we want really.
I would look at upgrade costs for the basins And wc. For my house I have 6 toilets And 7 basins. To upgrade from builders standard to v&b was about 3k.
AussieMark
I would look at upgrade costs for the basins And wc. For my house I have 6 toilets And 7 basins. To upgrade from builders standard to v&b was about 3k.

Thanks. Well as we're doing a custom build there is nothing specified, we just need to choose them ourselves and have an allowance of 5,500k but may go over that. We do want better than the standards builders brand but don't want to be ridiculous. Six toilets! That's a lot! Our house is 236sqm internally with two toilets only
we have two basins in the ensuite. One in the main and the powder room. So if we decide upon more expensive items it's not a killer. Our floor grates are going to be about $1200, 600 each as we are having 6x6 tiles on tbe floor and so don't want to have to cut them for a small waste. Plus it suits the showers. We don't want the ones with plastic underneath as they don't finish as well with the tile and the all stainless are expensive.
I chose Caroma toilet, Brodware tap for the vanity (for design more than anything - more than I would otherwise spend), and Methven shower head. Haven't installed the tap yet but the others are good.
Related
24/09/2023
Most affordable paint brand

General Discussion

Thank you. That is really helpful. Once we get the place done and passed for OC we can upgrade in the future once we get back on our feet and not paying mortgage and rent.

27/05/2024
Brand new house with beyond horrible windows

Windows & Doors

Pay again? No retribution? Your glass has a specific performance get this app and see how much your windows are leaking, then challenge the supplier.

24/07/2023
Firstyle Tile Selection

General Discussion

Hi Kaiser85, We are building with Firstyle Homes. Our build has just started, slab pour is on Saturday (hopefully!). Their standard range is pretty good. We did our…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum