Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Glass panels (similar to glass splashback) in lieu of tiles

Page 1 of 1
I remember seeing this and I really like the idea! Any thoughts?

Looks great and would be very to clean. We looked into once, until I found out the price. You can get cheap sheets at hardware stores but they look just that - cheap.
Drilling through that would be a bit worrying too. You should check out www.neverdrillagain.com.au
They sell glue on towel rails and shower rails, i think they say somewhere that it's used in the aircraft industry. I bought a shower rail and two towel hooks and they are really strong. Don't even move a little bit, unlike suction stuff i've tried.
RedJason
Drilling through that would be a bit worrying too. You should check out http://www.neverdrillagain.com.au
They sell glue on towel rails and shower rails, i think they say somewhere that it's used in the aircraft industry. I bought a shower rail and two towel hooks and they are really strong. Don't even move a little bit, unlike suction stuff i've tried.

You should never drill through toughen glass, ever! It will shatter

It should be drilled prior to painting and toughening!

Most towel rails and bathroom fittings have such small contact points I wouldn't trust adhesive mounts, they would eventually fail! Do it once do it right!
We were actually at bunnings today and had a look at this, and I think it is defiantly a matter of you get what you pay for when it comes to that, because it looked cheap and nasty.
Related
22/01/2024
Installing laminate panels on concrete ceiling

General Discussion

Hello - we were hoping to apply laminate click lock panels to our concrete ceiling, but not too sure how to go about attaching the panels to the concrete. Any idea what…

18/03/2024
DIY Decorative Wall Panels

Interior Decorating Lounge

Hey everyone, Jumping on the forum to see if anyone…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum