Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Toilets.. Wall-faced straight edge - worth the extra money?

Page 1 of 1
Help resolve a domestic debate please.
Hubby is in love with a wall faced, straight-edge toilet. I also like the look but it will cost $200 more (we are buying two). Is it worth it? Is it something potential buyers will notice and will it really make a difference to how the overall bathroom renovation looks?
MJ51
Help resolve a domestic debate please.
Hubby is in love with a wall faced, straight-edge toilet. I also like the look but it will cost $200 more (we are buying two). Is it worth it? Is it something potential buyers will notice and will it really make a difference to how the overall bathroom renovation looks?

I think you are talking about the toilets that don't have 'gaps' between the wall and the toilet? If so, then yes I agree with him. It's so much better as you don't need to clean back there and looks neater IMHO.

Cheers
I wouldn't have anything else. So much easier for cleaning and looks neater in my opinion. I also prefer the look of in wall cisterns but I wasn't allowed to have them.
Gertrudemyra
I wouldn't have anything else. So much easier for cleaning and looks neater in my opinion. I also prefer the look of in wall cisterns but I wasn't allowed to have them.

Same here but they are $$$!
They are good for cleaning but I could have live d without them. Soft close toilet seats on the hand are totally worth it.
Related
7/06/2024
Skirtings not straight

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

My partner and I moved into our home at the start of 2021. It was a relatively recent build as the house was only 5 years old at the time. It was owner-built. I did see a…

6/03/2024
How would you fit 2 showers and toilets in this space?

Bathrooms and Laundry

This is the current bathroom with a european laundry. Overall internal dimensions are 3.69 wide and 3.65m deep, including the footprint of the laundry. There is a toilet…

15/01/2024
Project builder - value for money

General Discussion

As a tradesmen get a private inspector although I don't think there worth it in their profession themselves the reminder they serve to the tradesmen doing the work is…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum