Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Block off old taps

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can help. I have searched but cant find an answer to this on the internet. maybe not using the correct terms

I have 60's brick laundry with hot and cold taps and an faucet. all the piping is inside the wall and the taps and faucet are connect at the wall so they sit flush when screwed in completely.

Is there a way I can block these off just with some kind of screw in replacement for the taps that will close the circuits off, I am putting a pantry in front of it so not worried if I have a brass plug sticking out of the wall.

If not I assume this will need to be dug out and a plumber will need to cap the pipes?

Cheers,

Sam.
Do a search for "Brass Threaded Hex Plug"

One of those, washer, and tape should cost around $5 per tap
Thanks - that is what I have but how does that stop the hot and cold water mixing inside the wall behind the faucet fitting. Do I leave half the tap fitting in or something like that?
DIY69
Thanks - that is what I have but how does that stop the hot and cold water mixing inside the wall behind the faucet fitting. Do I leave half the tap fitting in or something like that?

Not done that myself (only sealed off individual taps) but I would assume you could use the plug to hold a tap washer down against the seat.
can you get under the house ?
maybe crimp pipe /s
or cut and solder on caps to stop the flow
thanks for the answers, unfortunately cant get underneath either, it's concrete slab and double brick with piping embedded in the wall. plumber may be the only answer,
DIY69
plumber may be the only answer,

Legally...yes!

You also have to be very aware that dead ending pipes can cause Legionellosis. A plumber should eliminate any piping dead ends.
Related
25/10/2023
Freestanding bath taps and kids

Bathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom renovation will likely include a back-to-corner bath and we’re considering a freestanding tap with hand-held shower such as the picture included. My hesitation…

29/01/2024
Sign off approval required before verandah built

General Discussion

Depends on size, local regulations etc. Ask your Council.

25/03/2024
Job sequences in fixing and fit-off stage

Building A New House

Thanks for much mate. I see that you do cabinets before flooring. For timber flooring, for most parts it's fine because it's got base plates, and for door jabs you can…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum