Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Wet area details for the construction of the bathroom

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone!
I need an advice regarding wet area. I'm going to build a kit home. At the moment I'm on the stage of building application. I need to provide
Quote:
... details to show how I will comply with the building Code of Australia Part 3.8.1 Vol 2, i.e. what methods will be employed and in what areas regarding both "water resistant" and "waterproof", how compliance with AS3740 will be achieved.

I know how I'm going to achieve it - just hire plumber and tiler; bathroom is not my piece of cake. However, it will happen way down the track, like 12 month or more from now, but I need council approval today.
Could anyone advise some technically good but not too restrictive text just enough to get council out of my back but leave my options open?
The kit home comes from http://www.ralhomes.com.au . There is just one area combining bathroom, toilet and laundry. All walls, floor and ceiling are marine grade plywood. Obviously, we'll put tiles on the floor. Possibly, electrical underfloor heating.
Thank you, Tim
ha ha! dont let technical knowledge of building get in the way of getting your building permit!!
I have a rule. Dont pay someone to do something you know nothing about and paying people to comply with the NCC when you dont know what it means is the top of the list.
Thank you, Spong. Your post does help me enormously. I come here for technical knowledge and I would never think this forum is so helpful.
FYI, I've already got planing approval for non-compliance project, I'm on final stage of getting building approval and I'll get it and then I'll build.
Happy hahahing!
Tim
Tim, sorry for my comment, I just see this type of scenario a lot and the outcomes concern me greatly. Not necessarily for the OB, more so for the people who inherit their work. In the interests of remaining friends, can I suggest you note on your plans that waterproofing is to comply with AS (insert numbers here) and then put a few details or sections on the plans. I'm sure that's all they want too see, wether it turns out like that or not is not relevant yet. If you don't have the means to alter the plans you might have to ask the kit home company or a local drafty.
Related
25/04/2024
Custom builder with different details in contract

Building A New House

Hi All, This is our second home build and first time with a custom builder. They are small builder and have built some houses with good quality. They tender and color…

18/07/2023
Ryobi wet saw C-125A blade size?

General Discussion

All sorted guys. Just needed to buy a blade with the correct bush. Dunno how to delete this post, can't find any help file. Cheers.

20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum