Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Alternative square basin and retailer to Reece ( Sonia p05)

Page 1 of 1
I am looking for two square or rectangular above counter basins. I need them ASAP. The width must be no more than about 520 mm. I am coupling them with Dorf Jovian taps and shower system.

I am trying to achieve something like this:

I like the look of the Sonia P05

However I don't like the price over $400 each and the fact that Reece can't get me this or any similar basin for over two weeks.
I am in Hobart and am tempted to get something similar online.
I had a look a a budget supplier this weekend but the quality of the basins was very poor. The basins were so variable and were uneven in there lines. To add insult to injury, they also carried no stock and it would be 2 to 3 weeks to get any basin I vaguely looked at.

So any suggestions on reputable brand to look for and retailer?
How about the Caroma Liano above counter basin?
- Available with 0, 1 or 3 tap holes
- 420x470mm, Bowl capacity 4.8 litres
RRP $384

Caroma store locator here. Typical stockists are Reece, Mitre 10, Tradelink + other independent retailers. Plus, check your local Bunnings - I know they have the Liano undermount sink for cheaper than the RRP.

If you are thinking of getting it sent to you, how about
- Cotto "Quado" 450 Décor Counter Top Basin $274
- Domain Santa Fe Junior - Square above counter basin $202, 380x380x120mm
- Omaio TBB-254 Wall Mounted/ Above Counter Basin $202, 480x340x130mm

Just some ideas. Good luck!
Some more to consider
- ARGENT Evo Above Counter Basin $272, 450 x 450 x 105 mm
- Artistic Above Counter Square Basin $167, 460x460x145mm
- Arto Above Counter Square Porcelain Basin $318, 430x450x140mm
- Vista Santa Fe Above Counter Basin $255, 460x460x140mm

Thanks so much for the help. Many of your suggestions are great. I went out today to get some tiles and dropped back in to Reece along the way. Saw someone different than the previous staff and got the Sonia p05 with a much quicker delivery date. Bought a toilet as well.
I was ready to buy any of your suggestions tonight online. I really appreciate the help even though I bought something else.
I know you've already bought it so it probably doesn't matter now but I just wanted to give you one word of warning. Before your plumber installs it all check that the tap fits with room to turn it from fully cold to fully hot. We bought the dorf jovian sink mixers (because we love them) and when the plumber installed them we realised that the tap hole on our vanity is too far back and you can't turn the tap lever to hot or cold because the rear corner of the lever hits the mirror. We now have to go out and buy new taps
. I hope we can find one that fit that we can turn on
We can't move the tap hole as it's a caeserstone benchtop.
Thanks TanK ...what a nightmare! Yes I have my taps and sinks etc but ensure we don't have your installation problems! Very disappointing for you.
Related
23/10/2023
Alternative to hallway?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Might cheaper to changer your idea of what makes a home, have you considered building a porch?

5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

11/03/2024
Renovation - swapping kitchen and bathroom and other fix ups

Renovation + Home Improvement

I recently went through a similar renovation and move scenario when updating our family home. We also swapped some rooms around and tackled a major…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum