Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Which feature tile to use?

Page 1 of 1
Looking to tile the half wall behind the toilet (1.2 high x .9wide) in a small guest toilet as a feature.

Floors are the charcoal one at the back and large white wall tiles for the rest.

Would you choose the small mosaic or the large metallic tile?

I like the small mosaic. Which tile has a better colour match to the charcoal. Hard to tell from this pic.
Oh dear, I like the large metallic one. But Trinity is right in that whichever one matches most closely to the charcoal is probably the best choice.
I prefer the large too - but again agree, you need to go the best colour match
I prefer the smaller one. I don't know why, I just think it will look more timeless.
I am with HomeAngels, I prefer the smaller one.... same reason..more timeless. Both very nice tiles, either is going to look good.
Big one - less grout to keep clean.
I vote for the big one too. Practical mum speaking.
I like the small one.
Oh dear!! Looks like it's 50/50 so far!

I like the glass tiles.... Is that small or big? As the other one looks like one big tile with a "small tile" pattern on it.
Both are good options. I know with the larger tile (we have it in the showroom), alot of clients think they end up with a seamless look imitating grouted in mosaics but in reality when you lay it you still see 300x300 tiles. I am one who likes texture and would go for the larger one but both are good options.
PS if you go for the mosaic use a charcoal coloured grout makes the metallic pop. If you use white grout all you will see is a white grid washing away the silver metallic look.
Cheers
i will take the big one any day. the big one has a porcelain FEEL to it and the small one has a ceramic FEEL to it.
Oh, I'm so confused by big and small!!
SORRY!!! I said small but I think I meant large!! The closest one in the pic... that is the large one - right????
rocketship
SORRY!!! I said small but I think I meant large!! The closest one in the pic... that is the large one - right????

nope that's the small one. I believe?
I've got the same colour scheme in my bathrooms (white wall tiles, charcoal floor tiles) and have something really similar to the mosaic tiles as features in the tiled niche and shower. Thus my vote is for the mosaics
Let me know if you want to see any pictures.
1 vote for small. Looks more modern.
Wow, then I stuffed up too, like Rocketship
. My vote was for the one at the front of the pic (with the metallic looking finish).
d@n
1 vote for small. Looks more modern.

yep, same here. (front tile in your picture)

But it really depends on while has a better match to your floor tile.
Thank you everyone for or opinions. I ended up with the large 300x300 tile and they look Amazing and really easy to clean so I am happy. Will post a photo hen I get another chance
rocketship

Ok RS, I was seriously worried there, because I nearly picked the front one for my house and I figured if I liked it, so would you....phew, glad you got mixed up

Bendo cant wait to the finished product, I decided against it due to cleaning but now I'm wondering if I made the wrong decision
Related
17/05/2024
Stacked stone style facade feature tile installation pricing

Building A New House

Good day everyone, I have two queries regarding stacked stone style facade feature tile installation. 1. I am looking for an installation price guide to install stacked…

18/09/2023
Feature brick discoloured

General Discussion

hmmm id assume youll get hit with the "natural product therefore variation in colour etc" excuse. How bad are we talking? One could argue that if none of the displays or…

14/06/2023
What anchor/screw to use to mount to villaboard>airgap>brick

Bathrooms and Laundry

If what you describe is correct then the brick wall has been dry lined with villa board. That basically means that the villa board is glued to the brick wall with…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum