Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

problems with placing spout in bathroom

Page 1 of 1
We were going to have the bath situated underneath a feature opening.
All along we have been lead to believe we could have the mixing tap on the wall and the spout in the middle on the space next to the bath.
We have now been told that this is not possible.
So we thought ok, we will have it in the middle of the wall underneath the feature opening......again no go from the building company.

We believe however that it can be done,
Wall space height to work with........200 mm, thickness of this wall 180 mm

Why is this impossible (according to our building company) to work with so that we get the spout in the middle of the bath?

Anybody out there that can give some advise?
I can't see why not. Can you ask the builder why?
Have they already roughed in for the pipework?

Cheers
Charlie
Zedman
I can't see why not. Can you ask the builder why?
Have they already roughed in for the pipework?

Cheers
Charlie

thanks for reply. No, this is the very last bit before final sign off on buildingplans.
We re-arranged and paid extra to get the bathroom we wanted and for months this spout issue was not an issue only to rear its ugly head right now before signing......I can not see why there's no room to lay the pipe and for the spout.....I've seen it in so many other houses! beats me this one!
Um bit sure why they can't either? Definitely ask them why it specifically can not be done. What alternative are they suggesting?
Sorry, iPhone! *I'm not
Related
16/04/2024
Bathroom floor problems

Bathrooms and Laundry

Have had a few issues with out recently done bathroom floor. Probably around 18 months old First there has been been a crack running through a grout line which I put…

16/12/2023
Brick Problems - Acid Burn?

Building A New House

I am not a brick expert, but rendering would be 1 option, it would be costly to do the entire house though....

24/02/2024
Weed problems

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all, has anyone been ask to do the weeds in their property while in the middle of build? We are under the impression that they are in control of the site while they…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum