Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Installing bathroom accessories onto tiles

Page 1 of 1
I am considering full height tiling into the ensuite, bathroom and powder room.

In regards to installing bathroom accessories eg towel rail, toilet paper holder onto tile, is that difficult post tiling (ie after handover). Or should I get these installed by the builder?
Usually you use a drill (specifically for tile and some stone) and drill though the tiles after they are laid anyway

The only thing is it can be a but tricky to get the hole right. For the most part I would get the builder to do it unless you are wanting to supply your own accessories and the builder won't put your ones on for some reason.

It can be very fiddly and most tradies can do it pretty quickly.
I'd get he builder to do it just incase a tile does crack or something. They will also know where any pipes/wires run.

It is pretty easy to do with a special drill but why risk it.
u can do it just dont put the drill on hammer just let it drill in if its a new bit it will go in, dont worry on the pipes etc etc if u do it slow u will be ok u can't stuff it up (but if its in a d/b home u might have a problem )
just get the builder to do it, unless you have video of the pipe locations before sheeting
Related
25/06/2023
Seeking Advice on Installing an Electric Gate with Intercom

Building A New House

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here, and I'm looking for some advice regarding my house construction project in North Kellyville. I…

29/06/2023
Installing a new shower do l need a plumber

Bathrooms and Laundry

Ask yourself if the insurance company will be aware of the Reno.

6/10/2023
installing vinyl planks underlay

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi l plan to install a self adhesive vinyl plank floor. l first need to attach masonite boards underlay to by plywood subfloor of my house. What size nails and how many…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum