Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom reno….what you can do with a tin of paint.

Page 1 of 1
Never under estimate what you can do with paint!

Last page ….30

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13354&start=580

The transformation is amazing, great job Michelle!

I've been thinking of painting my sons bedroom furniture, instead of buying him a new bedroom suite, you may have just inspired me to give it a go, thanks
I paint furniture all the time, if not paint, re-stain.
Go for it, I love doing up old furniture.

This cane chair was yellow originally; I sprayed it silver with a can of paint.

Love it!!
I will give it a go, the worst thing that can happen is I end up hating it (which I do at the moment anyway
)
It's currently all stained pine, so I'm going to paint it white and brighten up his room! Will let you know how it all goes
Make sure you use a full gloss enamel paint.
Give the furniture a good rub back with a medium grade sand paper first.

Looking forward to pics!
Thanks for that, I was thinking semi gloss, full gloss it is then
Full gloss is much stronger for knocks and bumps.
Looks pretty smick also.
Thank you so much for sharing Michelle! Our bathroom needs a major redo, but we don't have the time / money for a full renovation at the moment, and have decided that in the short term we will have to "settle" for a new vanity, hopefully a new shower screen, and painting the tiles. So it's great to see that painting the tiles really can make an astounding difference (because we really need it to
).
Good to see some people are getting benefits from my posts.

Enjoy your bathroom reno,
mine will be going a bit longer until I can get the guys lined up to work around each other for vanity and flooring.
Your bathroom looks so great Michelle, what a great transformation. I didn't even know you could paint tiles LOL, I think this thread will come in handy for anyone wanting to spruce up their bathroom. Fantastic job! xx
Thanks Zarli….. Everyone needs to remember a couple of things when painting wall tiles.

Clean wall tiles with a strong solution of sugar soap.
Make sure grout is dry before painting.
I used Dulux Super Gloss Enamel paint, 2 coats.

My tiles came out looking pretty close to brand new tiles, and they are 30 years old.
Related
8/09/2023
Can you cover up a window in a bathroom ?

Bathrooms and Laundry

No probs, thanks for the reply...

9/07/2023
Would you do this reno?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Bought in Nov 21 at the height of the market (classic). Good area, atrocious floor plan. BUT has land out to the left-hand side that we can extend out on (see second…

3/12/2023
Neighbours rights to house access during reno

General Discussion

The only thing to add to these comments is that where possible it's always good to try and work with people than just say "no" because you can. Having someone…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum