Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Hardwiring a heated towel rail

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,
I have another dilemma!! Heated towel rails!
Just picked up the one that is going in soon (tiling under way) and the cord is coming out of the bottom of the vertical bar (see pic).

The other one we have for another room has the cord exiting from the underside of the horizontal bar that attaches to the wall. This one I get, it's got hardwiring instructions and I understand how it can be converted into a hardwired device.

With the pictured one, I don't understand how it can be converted. It does come with a little square plug which I assume replaces the bit where the cord exits when you convert it to hardwired.

I just don't understand how the electrician does it, how does one get the cord back through the vertical bit and out the back?

I can't believe how stressful renovating is! All these little things I didn't think of and I thought I had anticipated a lot of things that have come up!
possibly cable cut off and 'fished' out through the horizontal section?
That's what I thought, do u think it's fishable? I'm worried it was get stuck. I guess if you have a pair of really long pliers.... I'm worried as I don't want any delays. The tiling is all but complete so I'm taking that the plumber will do his bit and the PC items will be fitted on Monday.
Get some string/wire. About 1m long. Tie it the the end of the cable. Wrap some tape around it so it wont fall off. Pull the string thru the wall until it's hanging out of the wall on the ground. Put a tag on the end so all the trades know what it is. You'll never lose it.

Pull the string and it will pull the cable when you need it..
Thanks builder Paul. The electrician has already got the power supply ready, and it's sticking out of the wall for connection. Now the tiles are up and the cord is sticking out of the wall. I'm just worried he won't be able to get the power cord into the bit of the towel rail that attaches it to the wall.
Hi Becks81,
I was hoping you might be able to tell me how you got on with the fitting of your heated towel rail?
Also are you happy with the heat it give off to dry your towels? and what is the brand?
I am trying to find out information about heated towel rails and which is the best.
I am going to have to purchase one within the next week or so.
Related
21/03/2024
Heated vertical towel rail at the end of a walk-in shower

Bathrooms and Laundry

Electrical just got back to me and said the most they can provide is a single power point on the Bedroom 1 side of that wall. After handover, your towel rail installer…

20/01/2024
swivel bar towel holder

Bathrooms and Laundry

Please suggest a solid quality swivel bar towel holder in bathrooms & bedrooms from…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum