Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Shower 80cm wide?

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

Our bathroom is 1.8m wide.

We want to fit a bath in width-wise and also be able tohave a shower elsewhere in the bathroom.

We're thinking that if we have a 90cm shower then it won't leave much "walking around" room in there. Do you think an 80cm wide shower is just too small?

Sarah
A bit tight for washing your hair, what about the shower to go over your bath and have more floorspace
I'd personally not want a shower that is only 80cm wide. How long is it? 80cm as well?
My WIS will be 800x2100
Too narrow. As mentioned before just put a shower unit in the bath. No need for extra plumbing either.
We had an 800x1100 shower and that was fine. From memory our bathroom was 2.4m x 1.9 and we got a shower a wall hung vanity and a spa to fit in the room in one of our old reno houses. If its a long and skinny shower then its fine. From memory we had a shower that was 800mm a wall hung vanity that was 650mm and spa including the hob was around 900 wide. Tight fit. A tilers nightmare however it did not look tiny. Thank goodness for wall hung semi recessed vanity units. It allowed everything to fit. Helped when it came to sell too with regards to resale. I guess it depends on how wide the shower user is too.
Our shower's internal space is 71x71cm. I find it a bit poky when I'm washing my hair or shaving my legs but it's not impossible, and although it seems tiny compared to the standard 90x90 I've become quite used to it. We're 'upgrading' to a massive 80x80 - woo hoo, I can't wait!

If you go with 80x80, try to get a recessed cavity in the wall for shampoo. A shelf full of bottles in a small shower - very annoying!
luke81 and Pippi make good points.1. size of shower user and 2. have a niche.
You will notice that in many showers that are 900x900 that the screen for the shower is not that big anyway. So if you ensure the screen in bang on 800x2100 you will be fine.
Our main bathroom shower (which is all we had until recently) is only 80x75cm (internal). I never had a problem with it.
Pippi
Our shower's internal space is 71x71cm. I find it a bit poky when I'm washing my hair or shaving my legs but it's not impossible, and although it seems tiny compared to the standard 90x90 I've become quite used to it. We're 'upgrading' to a massive 80x80 - woo hoo, I can't wait!

If you go with 80x80, try to get a recessed cavity in the wall for shampoo. A shelf full of bottles in a small shower - very annoying!

golly that does sound small! ours is 900x900 and I was going to say I wouldn't want it any smaller.
Thanks everyone for your input. I'm glad that there are others that have an 80cm shower. paddy13, yes I think it will end up being 80 x 80. I would like to go 80 x 1.2 but don't think the room could accommodate it. kiwichick, we were kindof resigned to the fact that wemay have to put a shower over the bath but I'm still holding onto hope that I might be able to have a separate shower and bath. If we could get away with an 80 x 80 shoer then we could make it work. The two of us are not very wide and we're only short

Sarah
Related
4/09/2023
Wide floor plan volume/semi-custom

Building A New House

Hi, Seeking volume or semi-custom builder in victoria(east), which have existing double story wide floor plans. Seeking 18-20m wide homes with depth of 12-15m long. Or…

27/04/2024
750mm wide joinery - drawers?

General Discussion

Pulse is correct. It's the trap that takes up space. The plan shows a vessel style basin so you don't have to worry about a basin inset, it's just the trap that the…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum