Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Burnished wood cabinets

Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone

Was wanting some advice on bathroom colours.

I have decided to go shades of grey in my bathroom.. Floor medium grey (speckled, rough) rectified tile with grey grout, grey and silver mosaic splashback feature in shower and above vanity and white wall tiles.

My tile designer thinks that burnished grey would be a great laminex colour for the bathroom vanity with a white benchtop, but I am a bit concerned that the burnished wood colour is actually a tone of brown not grey and may not blend with my grey tones in the bathroom.

The sample looks ok up against the tiles, but I was wondering if anyone had use the Laminex Burnished Wood in their bathroom along with grey / light charcoal tones and if it would work or may be too dark or even overkill.

Thanks
I am using Burnished Wood, but the build isnt up to that stage yet, so cant post pics. Do a search on Burnished wood as they are few others that have used it and posted pics. One thing I found with this colour is it can throw both grey and black colours, I think it will be find with greys.
Hi kla1980,

Look at my thread below, has lots of photos of burnished wood cabinets in kitchen and also in laundry. I personally like it

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32295&start=80
I like Burnished Wood, and am using it in my kitchen.

In the bathrooms though, I am having Blackened Linewood as I think it goes better with our grey floor tiles.
MrsJo
In the bathrooms though, I am having Blackened Linewood as I think it goes better with our grey floor tiles.

I'm also using Blackened Linewood, however I have it throughout the build.

Don't have a good picture of it in the bathroom that shows floor tiles, but this picture of the kitchen shows the colour ok, it is actually a bit greyer.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo184/RICHOGU/House%20and%20Land/IMG_2437s.jpg
Related
31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

7/06/2023
Radiant or Convection Wood Fire

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

We are tossing up between a Jarrahdale radiant wood fire (the Pioneer) and a convection wood fire (Innovator or Countryman) but cannot decide on which type of wood fire is…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum