Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Oval baths

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

Have to get myself motivated to get out and organise some fittings for our main bathroom reno, which is about to commence.

We have to get a new bath, but due to the usual budget constraints, don't want to spend too much (if there is any extra going, I want to use it to tile floor to ceiling, if at all possible
).

HOWEVER, I really really like the oval baths everyone building new houses with the major builders seem to be getting.

My question is, are they a lot more expensive than a standard acrylic rectangle bath? For instance, I think that the Posh Domain is around $650 - a lovely bath, but more than I want to spend.

Has anyone got an oval bath for around $300, or am I crying for the moon
?
We made one once but it was more like $3k for the bath
...but the crane was only $2k and removing the windows and re-installing them
was about $4k
Nice bath

Sorry for the OT

Sounds excellent - must order one from you immediately - NOT!!!!

PS The freight to Tassie might add on some interesting dollars too
!!!
Hmmm... imagine half an egg 2.5mtrs long x 1550 wide and 1250 deep...
Oh and 100mm+ thick concrete

BHuh cough splutter
heavy
Not sure they'd appreciate us sending it over here by boat!! http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad351/MagicJ71/smiley-gen137.gif

Mind you, a plane would definitely not be any better!!!

Sorry MagicJ I've got no idea how much mine costs
Thanks, Lisanne
- that's the tricky part when the fittings are a standard inclusion in people's contracts, noone knows the specific cost of each item
. No such luck when you are renovating, you have to source everything yourself (sigh).
Hi MagicJ,
Were too were looking at the Posh Domain for the kids bathroom, but it is a bit long for our space - I have just today found one by Decina Bathroomware called "Lido" - it measures 1675x755x480 - best part is it costs - $350.00
It has the plug in the centre, so makes it double ended so to speak.

They also do one called "Uno" - either 1530/1700x755x480, and this is only $285! Plug is at one end on this one though.

Take a look if you can find it on the net, or get a catalogue from your bathroom store.
Good Luck!!
Oh, thanks, Moogles, that's the sort of stuff I need to know.

I googled the Uno like you said - is the one you found for $285 a spa bath? The ones which turned up on Google seem to be spas.

Edit: Oh, have now found Decina site, and have spotted non-spa Uno - thanks!!!

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/mKBy09/Emoticon/duh-doh.gif
Great, glad you found it!! Hope you can find something you are happy with!!
Have emailed my local plumbing supply place (they are probably sick of me by now
) to see what their price are on these baths.

I love this forum, there is always someone on here that knows stuff!!

Thanks again, Moogles, you are a champion!!!!

Hi MajicJ,

I loved the look of the oval baths in the display homes, and have been pricing different ones to work out which to upgrade to for our new home...

Posh Domaine - $725,70
Decina Lido - $407 (+ $40 extra if you want it in Ivory rather than white)
Decina Caval - $741,80 (+ $40 extra colour option as above)
(Prices from Reece)

We are looking at a $199 charge from our builder to upgrade to the Domaine... but as the Domaine is 900mm wide, may need to go for a slightly narrower bath like the Caval, otherwise will have to compromise on the size of the vanity so that the bath fits...

I realise these prices are above what you may be budgetting for, so worth checking out the price for the Uno which is still a beautiful looking bath (sorry I can't remember if you had the price already for that one, but I'm guessing it would be less than the Lido, depending on the length size you go for)

I've also seen pictures for the Caroma Medina, which has a rounded rim, but still to get a price on that...

Hope this helps a little.
Roz
Hi Roz,

Thanks for the info!!!

I love the Caroma Medina, I have the brochure here in front of me on the desk. It's hard to get approx prices off the net, but I gather that it is around $450-$500, which is cheaper than the Domain, but still outside my budget unfortunately.

HATE that budget
!
Hi all, thanks for all your responses,

I have ordered the Decina Uno 1700 oval bath

Ta muchly again Moogles
!!!!

Ooohhh YAH MagicJ
- so glad you found something you liked that was close to what you wanted to spend - funny how sometimes its all timing when it comes to these things - glad to have been able to help you at the time !!
Hope the rest of your reno goes really well!!!!
Just wanted to say that we have installed our new Decina Uno oval bath and absolutely love it.

Thanks again Moogles
!!!
Yah!!! Are you happy with it? Any pic's to post for the nosey's... like me!!
Rapt with it!!
Our builder is away until next week so we are waiting on installation of vanity now (needed the bath installed more quickly to keep kids clean!!) - when it's all done I promise there will be photos!!!
Related
You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum