Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Another bathroom tile colour suggestion request!!! :)

Page 1 of 2
Hi all,

I am currently building a home and am at the point of choosing my bathroom tile. I did have my heart set on a creamy colour with texture, but the specific tiles I liked are from Amber and I have to choose my tiles through Beaumont
Problem is that Beaumont don't have anything at all remotely what I was after.

I unfortunately am locked into a vanity colour that I chose ages ago, Cappaccino, (and now regret) and what is worse is I have NO idea what the vanity will look like, as aparently no one at AVJennings has any idea what I am getting

I am keen on white gloss rectangular tiles for the walls laid horizontally and am debating two feature tile strips (one at the foot of the spa bath, one in the shower).
Though I am unsure about the stone/pebble feature strip vs mosaic tile in a metallic or glass.... would love suggestions
Inc if you think I shouldn't do either!

So, the floor tile colour is my main issue. I really want matte and unpatterened (as the only textured/pattern ones they have are marble type effect which I don't want) and gloss I find really hard to look nice and non streaky.

I am debating between the following floor tile colours (in regular 300x300);
1) Charcoal, 2) Natural/Sand, 3) Chocolate

I am a little afraid of black and white effect, afraid of wishy washy and also afraid of the 70's effect......
My main flooring through the house is Karndean Winter Oak vinyl plank I would like a nice flow between flooring, but am afraid it might be tooo much brown.
I would add a pic, but for some reason, board won't let me

Any suggestions/input would be awesome!!!!
Thanks heaps, Vanessa.
I found this picture which is kinda representative of my colours....
http://www.allhomes.com.au/ah/ah0078?li ... 1391927198

My vanity pretty much should look exactly like the one in the picture.

I guess if I went that colour chocolate tile, the differences would be that the wall tile would be rectangular and floor to ceiling, and would also be carried onto the side of the spa bath.

Also, the possible addition of stone/pebble or mosaic strips.

Imagining then pretty much this bathroom but with chocolate/natural/charcoal floor tile.
I've got a nice charcoal floor type from Beaumonts. It's called Luxe Anthracite. Here's a just laid pic, so it's still a bit hazy.

Here's a photo of my feature tile. It's in each bathroom.

The wall tile is Limestone Bone Satin, also from Beaumonts.

Judie
I really like this vanity, you needn't regret your choice at all!
I think the difficulty is that you can go for any of those floor colours and then choose a feature tile to suit. If you happened to already really like a mosaic tile, for instance, it would be easy to choose the floor to match. Does that make sense? If you are a bit worried about the high contrast black/white thing (i don't like it either) I would go for more of a sand/stone colour. It will not appear as "brown" as a chocolate tile either.
If you want a border tile my vote is definitely ceramic or glass mosaic. IMO the metallic will end up dating the bathroom more, although to be honest I think the vertical border idea is already looking a bit dated (though I like the look of it). I'm a bit over the pebbles too, to be honest.
If the bathroom in the pic was to have a white tiled hob and a natural coloured floor, it would definitely need some feature to stop it looking bland. I would probably be tempted to do a mosaic wall. Even a neutral coloured glass mosaic will add wow factor with texture. You needn't necessarily add colour if you don't want to.
Judie, both your tiles look fab! I really love that limestone stone. It's always classic and a winner next to white.
Thank you so much for all those replies!!!!! And a special thank you for putting those pics up

I am off to choose colours this afternoon, and feel a little better about it now. I must admit that the whole dating thing is a worry and I thought people were getting a little sick of the stone strip, also thought the metallic might be a bit too personal.

I am leaning toward (if I can find it) a natural stone colour in a flat single colour (trying to avoid the marble type finish). It is what I originally wanted but couldn't find and I might just send the guy on a mission to find this kind of tile for me. I would like something complementary to the brown wood elsewhere and it would be a good compromise. I am a little uncertain about how to stop it all looking a bit bland though, as I REALLY dislike the idea of a horizontal feature strip in a bathroom the size mine will be.

I do like the charcoal shade you have Judie, it is a little less intense than the one I found, not as black and white as the shade I found (essential charcoal).

Will post pictures after I have made my selection (if I can actually settle on one LOL
)

Who knew tiles were this hard?????
The essential charcoal tile is a denser colour than the luxe anthracite (I have essential charcoal on my front doorstep).

I hope you find something you love.

Judie
Anyone know how I can add a photo? I tried but I get a message saying the board quota has been reached.
nessbrown, you shoudl go through photobucket or a similar w/site. I was getting the same response.
I found this thread for you to read, on how to upload a photo:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1272
Awesome, thanks themax!!!

Hopefully this will work now

The picture is the tiles I chose for the bathroom.... lol.... totally not what I thought, partially as the tiles I wanted weren't available but I am very happy.

So, the white tile is my floor to ceiling to be laid horizontally, the square tile is Mocha essential for the wet area floors and the pattern tile is a damask mocha for the shower area only, floor to ceiling.......

What do you all think?

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9954/b ... ection.jpg
Congrats! You did find the perfect flat coloured floor tile that will go perfectly. I've never seen that damask type tile but I think it will be a lovely feature wall. I imagine when the light hits it, it will really add a richness to the wall.
Thanks xquisite,

I am pretty happy with my choices in the end and am really looking forward to seeing the results of the damask tile. Could be interesting

Nice to hear at least one person agree's my choice is ok too!!!
Really gorgoeus nessbrown, it's lovely. Will look beautiful when it's finished.
I think your choices are gorgeous. The new tiles are perfect.

Judie
Thanks very much for that all!!! I will post pictures when it is all done!

VERY exciting!!!
I love them too nessbrown, cos I love browns
and I am big fan of the pattern tile, it will be a beautiful feature.
nessbrown
Awesome, thanks themax!!!

Hopefully this will work now

The picture is the tiles I chose for the bathroom.... lol.... totally not what I thought, partially as the tiles I wanted weren't available but I am very happy.

So, the white tile is my floor to ceiling to be laid horizontally, the square tile is Mocha essential for the wet area floors and the pattern tile is a damask mocha for the shower area only, floor to ceiling.......

What do you all think?

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9954/b ... ection.jpg

Hi nessbrown,

Great choice I love those tiles wtg, a hint with adding photo's it took me ages (im a bit slow lol) if you want them to show up visually on the thread without having to click on it to view,try this
before you add the link click the IMG tab above this writting box, in the task bar where it has the B option and the i option it will show something like this [img][img] in the middle of those paste the link you have and it should show the photo. hope this makes sense. make sure though you resize them to 640X480
Hi all,
Well, finally, my tiling is done Yippee!!!
Not the best photos, but I thought I would share the outcome of the tiling especially to get thoughts on the feature wall for the shower recess..... I am a little nervous about it, but I think it will look great when the walls are cleaned up, shower is in, bath is done etc etc.... even better when I replace that basin with a double after handover!! LOL.

http://img139.imageshack.us/i/img1058x.jpg/
http://img406.imageshack.us/i/img1060i.jpg/
http://img195.imageshack.us/i/img1059r.jpg/
It looks great, specially the feature
Lovely choices nessbrown...I love the detail on the feature tile. Beautiful!
Related
25/02/2024
Staged payment request BUT work not done as per contract

Building A New House

1) I had requested R6 ceiling insualtion batts, however I noticed that on some areas there are huge gaps which will allow hot air to sweep in, and also noticed black/grey…

29/09/2023
What did this fireplace look like and restoration suggestion

General Discussion

No the fireplace doesn’t work. It’s been enclosed. I’m not sure what was removed, as it was done quite some time ago - well before what I can see with photos online…

15/01/2024
Hall Way Lighting Suggestion

Lighting + Lighting Design

I have a really long hallway which is 1100mm W x 11500mm L I would appreciate if anyone can give suggestions to light it up with Linear LED lights that goes from wall to…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum