Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

showerheads

Page 1 of 1
We are currently looking at showerheads and are thinking we want the ones that have a rail/hook you can lift the shower head off (to make it easier for cleaning etc). There seems to be a huge variation of prices for these anywhere from $100-$400!
Was wanting to spend the least amount possible but dont want to be stuck with a showerhead with really bad pressure etc (hard to tell when you can't try them out!)
Anyone got a showerhead they would recommend?
Spend the money and get the satinjet. It has fantastic pressure, excellent spray pattern with great coverage and some of them allow you to remove the face so you can clean it from the inside and keep it working right.

If you don't want to spend the $300 - $400, at least look for brass rail, good solid fixings on the wall and a multiple ring in the spray pattern to at least reduce the hollow in the middle.

Or just get the satinjet.

Some tradelink stores have working displays, so you can have a play before you buy.
How much is the satinjet?
Thanks for the feedback Possumchops
I just bought the Posh solus one from reece.
The water pressure was terrible, DH wanted to change them for something else.
But now we took out the water saver device
they are great

Think they cost around $130 from memory.
gettingThere
How much is the satinjet?

On the rail, the tradelink exclusive version (Firenze) is a bit cheaper than the common version (Futura). On a standard rail, you could get them starting at $300ish, if you just get a handshower on a bracket, no rail, thats a bit cheaper again, you still have the handshower option just no rail. The rail is really only needed if you want variable height (for kids, extra tall hubbies, or don't want to get your hair wet).

The Methven brand showers have a lifetime replacement warranty, so the little bit extra money can be worth the peace of mind, as well as giving you a really nice shower (I will never use anything else again myself).

As for removing restrictors. That will void your warranty, and also increase your water usage, some will go from 9lts a minute to up to 27ltrs.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum