Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Composting Toilets - Anyone???

Page 1 of 1
We're trying to figure out how to go about bathroom facilities in our shed whilst we're living on site. The Ecomax (wastewater) people won't install/connect until the house is up so have thrown my plans into awry.

As far as I can see our options are:

a) Hire a full bathroom

b) Hire a toilet only and still plumb a shower into the shed

c) Buy a composting toilet (Nature Loo or Clivus Multrum or similar) and still plumb a shower into the shed

d) Buy a caravan with an ensuite (may be an issue as have nowhere to dump (pardon the pun) the waste).

The shower is not so much of an issue as we are going to have a some plumbing in the shed for a laundry trough/sink and my washing machine. Any greywater from these can be collected outside and recycled on the garden. The toilet is the biggest drama as we will have no onsite sewerage, so either I hire one (like the builders) that can be "serviced" or go the composting route.

We'll be in this situation for at least 10 months I would think, probably longer. Anyone had any experience with composting toilets - good, bad and yes, even the ugly ones appreciated
Do you do camping/caravaning or plan to do later in life? If so, try to get a toilet that you could also use for that. Sure, it will mean that you have to empty it but sounds like you will have to do something like this anyway
Related
6/03/2024
How would you fit 2 showers and toilets in this space?

Bathrooms and Laundry

This is the current bathroom with a european laundry. Overall internal dimensions are 3.69 wide and 3.65m deep, including the footprint of the laundry. There is a toilet…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum