Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Question about space (the final frontier) and bargains.

Page 1 of 1
We finally ordered our shed yesterday that will be our temporary home whilst we build our (ie my) dream country house.

We've set aside a 3m x 3m room which we hope to include:

- a toilet
- a shower
- a laundry trough
- the washing machine
- the dryer (not really necessary as can go in the main shed and help keep as warm
).

Do you think 3m x 3m is big enough to house all the above, or should I extend it? It will have to stay 3m wide, but I could make it longer...

Also if anyone knows of any good places in Perth (prefer northern / eastern suburbs) where I can pick up cheap toilets/shower/laundry trough/fitting etc can you ley me know please?

Doesn't have to be fancy as it is just for the shed.
There is Ross's Salvage in Guildford, near the train station and if my memory serves me right, on the Great Eastern Highway.
my bathroom is 3.5 x 1.8 and fits a 1800x850 spa bath (with shower over), 900 vanity, toilet, 'laundry unit' which is equivalent to a mini trough and a front loading washing machine.

So 3 x 3 i think you could easily fit it in, can you stack the washer and drying that helps?
Thanks Falconbrook - will go have a squizzy

sirgoat, don't think I would be able to hang the dryer, only because there won't be real walls - just the colourbond shed sheets. I thought it would fit, but sometimes what I think and what actually is are two different things
Related
31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

5/02/2024
Skirting and Floorboard space

Building A New House

Joe Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. If you haven't sorted this already you need to caulk this gap. Not sure where you are but if you are in Sydney I can…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum