Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

bathroom spas? .. anyone got em/prices?

Page 1 of 1
hello! .. just wondering if anyone installed a bathroom spa? the rectangular one or the corner triangle .. i'm looking for approximate costs (the internet search doesn't give prices or final prices) ..

we're at build stage and were thinking to go for it if its within our budget .. but rite now i dont even know what budget to set! ..

any experience sharing would be great! thanks!
Hi bm77,

We are getting a spa bath for our home....ours will be the Jamaica 1790mm. Heres a link which shows all the models in Raymor's Carribean range and with prices too

http://www.tradelink.com.au/resources/a ... Raymor.pdf

Hope it helps
Well, the corner spas normaly come in two sizes, 1300 & 1500mm. Give or take. Prices start at just under $1000 and basically go as far as the imagination takes you - but a good one can be around a grand If you have room, go for the 1500mm corner spa, unfortunately we don't have space for it so are crossing our fingers that 1300mm will be enough - I'd prefer larger though.

Similar pricing for rectangle spas, shop around, Tradelink, Reece, Swan, Builders Renovators Warehouse.. they all have specials here and there - my advice is just never pay what is on their tags - they have a fair bit of room to move in my experience.

When it comes to installation, I'm sorry I can't help, our builder is installing ours for free - our job was just to get it!
hmmm.. thanks guys .. they do seem to start off cheap but i'm sure when u factor the nozzle/jets etc it could ramp up ..

well i guess i need to rely on my builder to tell me if we can supply our own and they'd install it at a cost or if we've to go to their select shop which could mean a lot more $$$ .. i'll watch this thread a bit more ..
Being one who sells spas, yes they generally start just under the $1000 mark for a standard version (or less if on sale). My recommendation, get one with the extra small jets in the lumber area and for your feet, to get the massage feature of a spa rather than just bubbly water. Hot pumps aren't always an extra expense worth paying. I think its Decina that uses the normal heat generated by the pump to help keep the water at a constant temp, and if you're in warmer climates its just not necessary to worry about at all.

Remember you need access to the pump for maintenance and repairs.
Possumchops
Being one who sells spas, yes they generally start just under the $1000 mark for a standard version (or less if on sale). My recommendation, get one with the extra small jets in the lumber area and for your feet, to get the massage feature of a spa rather than just bubbly water. Hot pumps aren't always an extra expense worth paying. I think its Decina that uses the normal heat generated by the pump to help keep the water at a constant temp, and if you're in warmer climates its just not necessary to worry about at all.

Remember you need access to the pump for maintenance and repairs.

When i got mine they had a touch pad option or the standard button, i went with the standard button but it means my heating element comes on all the time with the pump, if i had paid extra for the touch pad could i have controlled these separately? I used my spa (for maybe the 5 time in over a year
) the other day and we had to keep turning the pump off at the start because the water was so bloody hot, luckily we had some sparkling white and ice cream to keep cooled down ...

PS i highly recommend getting a TV in the bathroom ...
Just pulled the corner spa out of our bathroom, almond ivory, also have the pump - heater type, it is not going back into the bathroom, open to offers
We are building with Styl3m@ster in Brisbane, they have quoted us $2995 for a fully installed Decina Angelique 1300.
Even though this includes plumbing, heat pump and some minor tiling for the step, the price does seem a little outrageous. Assume the price of the Angelique 1300 with Pump at $1000, this leave ~$2000 for the rest.

Problem is, I am not sure how to deal with it. The builder won't let us buy our own and they install, even if they did, the install price would be $2k or more.

The other option is for them to put in the plumbing and just tile it up. Then we source and install the spa bath afterbuild. The builder will insist all the tiling is done to seal the wet area and provide the warranty. So essentially we waste money on the tiling and then removing it later for the spa bath.

In addition the Angelique 1300 is the baby model, we would much prefer the 1500. So at a minimum, we go back and ask for this upgrade, they will probably hit us up for more cash on top of an already outrageous price.

Particularly frustrating because we had the bathroom resized to allow the corner spa and double shower put in.

This is a real pain, I would very much appreciate any ideas that folks have on dealing with this. Seems like a catch 22 to me.
Wow emptyvessel, your getting ripped off there is no doubt about it. The Angelique is about $1330...so what in the hell is the extra $1670 for??

http://www.burdens.com.au/categories.ht ... ubcatid=15

We are paying $2065 to upgrade to our spa (RRP is $2200), that includes taking off the credit for the standard bath, our builder having to amend the bath hob, and installation of course.

If l were you, l'd print off examples of prices for the Angelique (like above) and show them to your builder and get them to justify exactly what their $2995 figure comprises of!

They should quickly back down and reduce your quote to a more reasonable figure. If they do, have your upgraded model prices at hand and tell them that this is what you now want.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Related
6/12/2023
Anyone got owner builder permit to build a duplex in NSW ?

Owner Builder Forum

If so what were the "special circumstances" under which it was granted? "Note: If the development consent is for 'dual occupancy' an owner-builder permit can only be…

15/02/2024
Welcome to 2024 - Gyprocking prices have increased 40%!

Building A New House

Tradie may sit at home but will need to get house plastered as well or will you sit it out?

8/09/2023
Can you cover up a window in a bathroom ?

Bathrooms and Laundry

No probs, thanks for the reply...

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum