Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Wet Areas: Floor Coverings

Page 1 of 1
My wife does not want traditional ceramic tiles on the bathroom floor. Initially, she wanted timber but I am very worried about the viability of such a type of flooring. She does not want a "hard" floor. We presently have cork which has worked well. What do others think?
I also wanted a timber floor (must be a girl thing) but we ended up with tiles because of your very same concern. But many people do have timber bathroom floors so there must be some way around the water problem.
Timber floors in a wet area are extremely high maintenance. Id rank them with white carpet in a high traffic area, some looks only belong in magazines! If you really want it though please look up dry rot & ventilation issues. Timber floor boards need alot of airflow and seal it to the max..like every year or keep it dry (mopping after every use etc)
Related
12/03/2024
Window coverings

Window Furnishings

Hi there I'm looking for a independent company for a expert report on my blinds ,sheers & plantation shutters I'm in Melbourne

18/07/2023
Ryobi wet saw C-125A blade size?

General Discussion

All sorted guys. Just needed to buy a blade with the correct bush. Dunno how to delete this post, can't find any help file. Cheers.

18/07/2023
Current thinking on garage floor level with house floor

Building A New House

isn't a garage level with the rest of the house a given? pretty sure they 'came around' long time ago. if you have a flat block, the garage is usually level with the rest…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum