Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Shower screen exploded

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Two nights ago our shower screen exploded while we were asleep (thankfully).

It was purchased four years ago from Highgrove bathrooms, delivered to our house and installed by our plumber.

I understand it can happen due to several factors; however I am not convinced about how it broke. Parts of the panel did not shatter entirely and fell in large pieces, also chipping one tile, the bathtub and a wooden stool next to it. This is concerning as it could have seriously injured one of us or even killed our little one had a big piece fallen on her head.

Would appreciate if you could tell me whether this looks right and opinions on what to replace it with, Australian made? Stegbar?

My wife hates the look of a framed laminated screen so that is not an option

Thank you

Your shower screen has failed in the way it is designed to fail with tempered glass. You could replace it with laminated safety glass but make sure it has AS standards logo on it
Im glad you are all ok, thats scary.
I honestly couldnt help you, I am not sure what has caused it if noone ran into it... so im a little gob-smacked.

Wish i could help more, but more relieved there were no injuries!
For replacements, I'd definitely go with an Australian-made product for quality assurance. Stegbar is a solid choice, I've heard good things about their durability and design options. If your wife hates framed screens, maybe look into semi-frameless or frameless options.
Related
4/11/2023
How to remove the security screen (A&L windows)?

Windows & Doors

You have no photo with your post. Best I can say is to remove an A&L flyscreen don't be afraid to distort the frame almost like a trapezium. It doesn't take a lot of…

26/11/2023
Frameless bath screen.

General Discussion

Thanks for the advise,much appreciated👍

22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum