Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Can you cover up a window in a bathroom ?

Page 1 of 1
Planning to redo ensuite and have a query with a window on the tiled wall. The window is on second level and a bugger to get to , ideally pull it out. brick it up and cover the hole in wall, bricks hard to get etc. Question is, are you able to take off the trim around the window, sikaflex the window, timber stud the inside opening, then villaboard over the top. Reason is the wall has a small mirror and just not in right place....would there be a problem doing this...there will be an exhaust fan still inside and the ceiling will be created to have a shaft and velux window so it will have the light......
Our house has a window thats been covered and tiled over inside, but is still just a window on the outside. Previous owners did it so I don't know the details but we've never had any issues.
CallyNoon
Our house has a window thats been covered and tiled over inside, but is still just a window on the outside. Previous owners did it so I don't know the details but we've never had any issues.

No probs, thanks for the reply...
Related
18/01/2024
What can I cover this with?

General Discussion

Excellent, thanks for the tip ... not in Sydney, but I might give the Dy Mark a try, cheers

12/04/2024
Can you use plasterboard for window jambs, reveals, sills?

Windows & Doors

Plasterboard Gyprock is very popular as a reveal liner these days. You need to provide a way of supporting it, we use a modified timber reveal or bracket. You will be…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum