Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Installing a new shower do l need a plumber

Page 1 of 1
Hi my shower got a hairline crack in the acrylic base , l was told the crack cannot be repaired and the entire shower needs to be removed both the base and glass shower screen walls and some of the surrounding tiles a new shower and new base installed . . l got a quote from a handyman to do the job. He has done lots of other work in my house over the years and he has lots of experience with bathroom renovations so l trust him to do a good job, He said he can bring a plumber with him to do the plumbing part of the job but he said l dont need a plumber for it and he can do the entire job himself without a plumber which would work out cheaper. What work exactly would a plumber do in this job , WOuld it be risky not get hire a plumber and let the handyman do the entire job himself. Am l better off paying extra for a plumber
it is not a rocket science, literally anyone can attach the shower, looks like there is no need to replace plumbing in your case, so handyman can certainly handle this.

however, from legal/insurance perspective this work has to be done by the licenced plumber.
alexp79
however, from legal/insurance perspective this work has to be done by the licenced plumber.

the work is original
So is it worth paying a few hundred dollars extra for a plumber even though l dont need one just for the legal / insurance side of things, if it was your shower would you pay the extra or save the money and go without the plumber
jimbo73
So is it worth paying a few hundred dollars extra for a plumber even though l dont need one just for the legal / insurance side of things, if it was your shower would you pay the extra or save the money and go without the plumber

Ask yourself if the insurance company will be aware of the Reno.
Related
25/06/2023
Seeking Advice on Installing an Electric Gate with Intercom

Building A New House

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here, and I'm looking for some advice regarding my house construction project in North Kellyville. I…

6/10/2023
installing vinyl planks underlay

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi l plan to install a self adhesive vinyl plank floor. l first need to attach masonite boards underlay to by plywood subfloor of my house. What size nails and how many…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum