Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom reno - do i need a bathtub

Page 1 of 1
Current house is a 4Bedroom with a single bathroom featuring a corner spa with overhead shower in the Spa

Original layout

we want to remove the Corner spar/Shower and put in a normal shower
have a had a quote for this design so far

But am looking at doing something like the following which i will discuss with the 2 quotes coming this week.

or this design

Any thoughts or opinions on the loss of bathtub or the design
We are expecting to be in this house for close the next 10 years and bathroom currently needs the work done on it

Really depends on how you are planning to use your home - resale wise ideally you would have one bathtub in the home. If you're planning to live there for a decade I would personally sacrifice it if you never have a bath.

Between the two options - option 2 without a doubt.

If you combine the water closet/linen (assuming it's not a load bearing wall) - you could fit a bathtub with a better layout. A reconfiguration of the photo attached could work
If at any later stage you may want to sell the house to a typical young family you should include a bath or at least provision for one. Even if you never take a bath yourself!
I love your last design option. We have a double shower and no bath, and its great!
Thanks for the feedback

currently looking at the last option but having a 100cm wide space for shower and a 90cm wide vanity with single basin with a 90x90cm mirror on wall above it. This gives some space between vanity and wall/screen

expectation is to be in house for 10-15 years so want to design to suit us and not have a cramped bathroom

Wall between bathroom and linen is a load bearing wall so wont be touching that at all.
Related
9/07/2023
Would you do this reno?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Bought in Nov 21 at the height of the market (classic). Good area, atrocious floor plan. BUT has land out to the left-hand side that we can extend out on (see second…

3/12/2023
Neighbours rights to house access during reno

General Discussion

The only thing to add to these comments is that where possible it's always good to try and work with people than just say "no" because you can. Having someone…

23/04/2024
1980s house reno ideas

General Discussion

your new kitchen and living area looks great and we need accurate dimensions to be specific but with the thickness of the brick column you may be able to line the inside…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum