Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Going over existing bathroom floor

Page 1 of 1
Gday everyone,

I’ve got an investment property in West Footscray. It’s an very old weatherboard house that isn’t heritage and on a decent sized block.

I stay on top of the maintenance because I just want to keep the thing standing and leased out for as long as possible.

The bathroom is very old and has some weird vinyl it some other floor. I don’t even know what it is. It’s floorboards throughout the rest of the house.

It looks like the floor covering has shifting from the sides.

Any recommendations on what I could lay over it and seal around the sides? Or would I be best pulling it up and redoing it with something else?

I want to avoid having to do the whole bathroom.

Looks like water damage. Best practice would be to take down the whole area wall covering and floor. May be worse and spread more than you think.
Pull up vinyl (looks like vinyl) smell and look for damage. Replace patch up damaged area - Quick fix. If mold is about it’s no good to patch over it as it will not last and will return.
Related
22/04/2024
Floating floor boards over slate tiles

General Discussion

To put anything over slate you will need to put self level compound over the entire area as slate various in thickness and is very un even. To install most types of…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

16/11/2023
Steel sheds. Worth going one with steel frame?

General Discussion

Hi I am wanting some opinions about the build of a steel shed I am going to get one about 4.5 x 2.5 m steel shed and the height will be about 2.3-2.4m high The one I am…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum