Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Plumbing washing machine waste drain hose

Page 1 of 1
Hi, can I please get some advice?
I have just moved into a house where the laundry tub does not have a bypass hole in the sink. We have just had it draining into the sink, but it has accidentally overflowed a few times so I want to plumb it in.

Other than buying a new sink with a waste bypass kit, how can I do this? To me it looks like the waste connection is for a dishwasher hose only - is that right? If I want to connect the washing machine waste, do I need to buy a new p-trap similar to the one in this link? :https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/YPIAAOSwrhBZEvuu/s-l400.jpg

Will I even be able to connect the waste hose if it is rigid plastic? Or does it need to be rubber in order to connect to a waste outlet on a p trap?

Or am I better off replacing the sink with one with a bypass? Is that a better outcome, or same same?

Photos attached
Thanks!

freakstorm4
To me it looks like the waste connection is for a dishwasher hose only - is that right?

Will I even be able to connect the waste hose if it is rigid plastic? Or does it need to be rubber in order to connect to a waste outlet on a p trap?

Our washing machine drain hose connects to the "dishwasher outlet". Does your hose not have a rubber end? If not, perhaps you could contact the washing machine manufacture to see if they have an available solution.
Ditto, as per the poster above, mine just connects to the barbed fitting as shown.
Related
2/04/2024
Extending Washing Machine Hose

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hey all Currently renovating our laundry, bought a new washing machine but have found that the drainage hose is alot shorter than the old machine (which I used to get the…

27/06/2023
Drive way channel drain

General Discussion

Yeah mine about 9 metres long and 8 wide with slope of 25% at one point but the end point of the outlet is past the side of garage and if he concretes allowing for…

7/07/2023
blocked drain in laundry

General Discussion

Agreed. I just found out today the certifier has not given the final sign off.

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum