Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Help- bathroom leak

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, we have a two story house and the plumber has detected moisture under the tiles through grout issues so we will look to get that replaced but infrared camera shows water leaks from shower screen corner. Can anyone recommend the sequence in which we should do the grout work compared to shower screen replacement? And does shower screen really need to be replaced for water leaks from screen corner?

Is there any chance at having builder fix this as they are telling us it’s not covered cause we are just over 6 years?

If you're dealing with moisture under the tiles and a water leak from the shower screen corner, it's best to replace the shower screen first. This way, you can ensure that the new grout work isn't compromised by ongoing leaks. Yes, it's crucial to replace the shower screen if it's the source of the leak to prevent further water damage.

Last year, I had a similar issue and thought it would be a straightforward DIY project. It turned out to be more complicated and time-consuming than expected, and professional help made a huge difference. If you want a beautifully renovated bathroom without the hassle, I recommend consulting with experts. From concept to design, let our renovation experts bring your dream bathroom to life. Find out more information on AC Bathrooms.
Related
8/10/2023
Bathroom Leak

General Discussion

Hi all, I am hoping someone has some ideas as to what is causing my bathroom leak. The leaking appears to mainly happen when we turn the sink basins on. It takes a while…

7/09/2023
Leak in wall new house

General Discussion

If you make sure all taps inside and out are turned off, what does the water meter show if you leave it for a while.

9/01/2024
Leak through concrete after putting frames up

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Are you doing this with a building permit? Conversion of a non habitable room into a habitable room requires building permit.

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum