Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Tiling questions

Page 1 of 1
Getting ready for colour selection, and trying to be as organised as we can be. Currently trying to make flooring decisions.

The only tiled areas in our house will be bathroom, toilet, laundry and ensuite. The first three rooms are all next to each other, and are all on the main hallway. For this reason, I thought it made sense to use the same floor tile. I quite like the look of this one:

https://www.tileciti.com.au/collections ... pale-green

I was just going to use the same tile in the ensuite for convenience, but then wondered is that what most people do? Or do people tend to make the ensuite different from the other wet areas?

With the tile I've 'chosen' as the floor tile, would it look too much if it was also used to tile around the built in bath?
What are you using on the walls?
mcbks
I was just going to use the same tile in the ensuite for convenience, but then wondered is that what most people do

We used the same colour scheme in all our utility areas (ensuite, bathroom, toilet, laundry) but varied the tile type and pattern on the floors. This was to save costs, by using the most expensive tiles in the most used rooms and cheaper in the others. It also seemed to make sense to have a smaller tiles on the floors in the smaller rooms. Obviously there are no wall tiles in the laundry and toilet, but we used the same floor to ceiling wall tiles for the ensuite and bathroom, although splashed out on a nice tiled feature wall in the bathroom.
bestspecials

Probably just white subway. We're not having floor to ceiling tiles, so will just be in the shower and around the top of the bath.
mcbks
bestspecials

Probably just white subway. We're not having floor to ceiling tiles, so will just be in the shower and around the top of the bath.

That should look nice.
Related
18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

4/11/2023
Tiling over old adhesive

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hi, I'm clearing the tiles from our horrid 50 year old bathroom and preparing to lay new ones. Bugger of a job getting the old…

15/04/2024
Pro finish tiling group

Renovation + Home Improvement

The wallopers will just say it's a civil matter.

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum