Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Removing tile adhesives

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys, renovating bathrooms at the moment, where I've removed all the tiles in the old bathroom, but are now left with tile adhesives on the walls. Planning to tile wet area and leave the rest as painted walls. Either way, I will need to remove the tile adhesive so wall is flush and smooth for either waterproofing/tiling or acrylic rendering.

How do one usually approach removing tile adhesives? angle grinder?

I haven't done it before, and am inclined to leave it to the 'professionals', especially as I don't want to remove too much and screw up the plumbness of the wall. Who would be most qualified to do the job? Someone from hi-pages or air tasker? Tiler? Renderer?
3simon
...especially as I don't want to remove too much and screw up the plumbness of the wall.

More importantly, screwing up the waterproofing layer. I'd leave it to the professionals.
Yeah, I'm inclined to hire a professional to do it. Though not sure what professional to hire for removing tile adhesives.
It will work out cheaper and quicker to remove the walls and reline with new panels which will ensure a better finish with tiling and painting
Related
28/07/2023
Removing items from contract

Building A New House

The best advice is for you to get a competent building consultant to guide you through your build

2/05/2024
Removing rust from steel i beams

General Discussion

thanks, yes they are dry , thats a good idea with fish oil as sanding will be hard

8/07/2023
Variation in white tile colour

Renovation + Home Improvement

Looking for advice on whether this variation in tile colour is acceptable. The large tile on the left was used in my main bathroom renovation 1 year ago. My ensuite…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum