Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Yay - ensuite renovations... Nearly done!!!

Page 2 of 2
Floor tiles are down and wall tiles will be going up tomorrow.

Had a bit of a headache tonight trying to sort out exactly how the wall tiles would be laid (I put up a different whinging post about that
)

But here's some photos....

Floor tiles (the grout looks a bit unevenly coloured in this photo - but it's not)

A close up of the floor tiles, I really like the texture and speckling of these tiles.

This is what the wall & feature tiles will look like

The bath went in earlier this week
Very nice feature tile. What a gorgeous dog.
Getting there slowly!!

Tiles aren't quite high enough, and putting another full white tile in will make it too high... so we've ordered in some more feature tiles and will run another row of feature tiles at the top

SO CLOSE!!!!! I'm now getting more excited, we are now so close to having the master bedroom & en suite finished!

I can't believe what a difference it is with the tiling up and the painting done. Can't wait til the ensuite painting is finished - I was going to chicken out and put white on the walls, but the painters have already started doing the walls with the smokey pearl (or what ever it is) and I just love it!!!

Tiling hadn't been finished in this pic, but it shows the view a bit better now that we've taken the cat enclosure down

Painting well underway in the bedroom

Tiling all done, just waiting on the painting

You can see the wall paint colour on the far wall - only has the first coat on so far, but I just love the effect

The vanity

Out taps

The view from the bedroom door
Wow! That's a lot of work.... well done! Love the view...

It'll feel like a completely different house.
Thanks Kek
Yes we're doing a LOT of work (well, our builder and tradies are
)

I sometimes feel like I'm talking to myself in this thread because everyone seems to read it but not many replies haha So I *really* appreciate your comments

Here's a few more pics from today, the painting is finished now...

Toilet still needs to go in (the plumbing for water is there and it's a P trap so will go out through the wall). The plumbers wanted all the other work done before they put the toilet in.

And the master bedroom - I think I'll have to get some different colour hinges, those dark ones are a bit too dominating.
It's beautiful!
Nice job!

Love the colour choices too. Well done. Keep the updates coming please. I don't often comment because I'm too lazy but I do enjoy seeing your progress.

I'm currently doing an ensuite reno myself (by myself) and I've run out of steam... Sick of it at the moment, so your thread keeps me motivated!
WOW.... just come across this post!

I looooooove it! Wish i could jump in that bath, and the view looks great!

Won't be long now and you'll be using it daily and enjoying it to the full!

Lovely, just lovely.... keep up the photo's i will be checking back in regualry now!

Love Kirby
xoxo
Thanks for the lovely comments everyone
I just can't wait till ALL the reno's are done!

Renosmakemeweary
I'm currently doing an ensuite reno myself (by myself) and I've run out of steam... Sick of it at the moment, so your thread keeps me motivated!

Glad to be of assistance! I can imagine how hard it would be to stay motivated. I know it's been a long road for us, and we're not even doing the work ourselves (would never get done then!). We've been renovating since October last year, and because we're living here as well, it means that I only want small sections done at a time. Good luck with your renos
Keep at it!
It's looking fantastic and great to see that you are nearly finished. I love your colour choices and tiles too.
Wow, it's looking great! I like the extra row of feature tiles
Wow esg, it's coming along so well! The bathroom just looks so lovely and fresh, I bet you're itching to have a good soak in the bath while admiring the view. I really like how the toilet is a bit separate now too. Can't wait to see the finished product
Bathroom looks great! Funny thing.... our new bathroom seems to have exactly the same colour scheme! lol I can now show hubby what our bathroom will be quite similar too!! We're using the same feature tile so it is nice to see it all together.

Thanks for the pics.
Wow that looks great!! love the idea with the big window in place
hi esg, just read through your thread - it all looks great! I love those feature tiles too, and could just imagine relaxing in that bath with a nice glass of wine while soaking in that view
. Have you got any pics of the finished product? Congrats on a beautiful ensuite
Hi esg, only just read about your reno and you have done a fantastic job and everytime you use the bathroom it will bring a smile to your face in the mirror!
We are almost finished a bethroom reno ourselves and was hoping you can post a pic of the corner tiles on the edge of the bath. Did you use metal tile trim?
ta gt
Thank you for posting I was a silent watcher and am loving it ( we are baout to start our reno so its fabulous to see another in stages!)
And I agree NEVER enough photos!!!
Thank you esg for all the pics!

We recently went on a holiday and discovered the magic of tile heaters!!! I see you are installing some. Can you share some details??
Related
26/08/2023
renovate bathroom remove step up into ensuite

Bathrooms and Laundry

the step up is 30mm and wanting it to be flat . how much does the concrete have to be lowered .we plan on removing bath and lenghten shower and adding seat. the old bath…

26/01/2024
Ensuite window on facade:is opaque glass mandatory?

Windows & Doors

ecoeco. tried to send a PM to you but it just sits in my outbox. Can you PM me?

4/12/2023
Does this Bedroom + Ensuite Make any Sense?

General Discussion

if i have understood your dimensions correctly my suggestions include using the smallest toilet and wall hung handbasin eg Caroma Urbane with in wall cistern, small wall…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum