Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

What is normal humidity in sub floor

Page 1 of 1
I recently purchased a property with poor sub floor ventilation and have been working to resolve this by putting in passive vents as well as sub floor ducted fans.

Initially, the humidity level was very high at around 85% and after putting the fans in, the smell has improved, but the humidity levels will not go below 76%.

For those who have a sub floor, what is considered to be normal levels of humidity here? I'm located in Sydney.
neosdad i suggest ongoing over 60% Humidity is a problem. If the forced ventillation is not effective you may need to consider additional moisture mitigation measures such as drainage works and membranes. Keep an eye out for mould growth in wardrobes., furniture and clothing etc. Its very common in Sydney.
The issue is outdoor air humidity according to weather forecast is 89% (and it's a cloudy day today) so I'm wondering if it's ever possible to bring down the humidity lower than what ambient air is through simple mechanical ventilation.

With that's said, I'm unsure if the weather forecast (or my humidity sensor) is stating absolute or relative humidity readings
Related
8/12/2023
Electrical - Sub distribution box/lighting automation

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

1. optional, you can but normally just use the earth from the main switch board 2. should be enough but the distance determines voltage drop - sparky should work it…

26/07/2023
Replacing concealed guttering with normal guttering

Renovation + Home Improvement

Yes, get a builder, make sure he is experienced and a registered building practitioner

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum