Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Fixing gaps under colorbond fence - anyone used this?

Page 1 of 1
Sorry!
This is a bit confusing, I posted in our home building thread, then saw the post by FU in the headings section that this is the place to post.

We have been looking for a 'fix' for the gaps under our colorbond fence; wifey found this ad the other day and I'm just wondering if anyone in Perth has used it?

It's always good to get the views of people who have used something before you

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ellenbro ... 1110395398

It seems pretty good.
It would probably be cheaper to use 50mm sleepers. Take the top rail, panels and bottom rail off, cut sleeper to length and slide it down between the posts. You might need to dig it into the ground a bit. Then put the fence back together.

Crikey, I'd rather not have to pull the whole fence down :O

These things are meant to be able to be fitted without disassembling the fence. much better way to go than having to go into my neighbour's yard to take out the teck screws etc...
Sorry haven't used these but would be interested as well to hear from anyone else who has. We've had an unsightly gap under our fence for years which ironically hubby likes so our cat can easily get in and out of our yard. But it also means so can the other neighbourhood cats! Seems like a great, easy to install product.

Well after having a look at their facebook site, I called and spoke to the guy, Matt.
He seems decent and friendly enough and happy to come out, he's coming out next week with a colour swatch and will show me how the panels fit.
I can't believe there's nothing out there that you can put on your fence like this, looks pretty easy.
I'll let you know how it goes, but being a bit handy myself, seeing the pics and speaking to Matt, I think this looks like a good thing.
Well that all sounds promising! Hope it goes well and definitely let us know how it goes

This is a better idea and it can actually work as a retaining wall. I'd have my doubts on that vertically oriented stuff

http://www.allperthfencing.com.au/fenci ... s/plinths/
Althom
This is a better idea and it can actually work as a retaining wall. I'd have my doubts on that vertically oriented stuff

http://www.allperthfencing.com.au/fenci ... s/plinths/

To be honest they look like two different products.

The plinths look good for heavier duty retaining, yet they have to be installed when the fence goes in, or you have to pull your fence apart to fit them.
They also look like a bit of overkill just to fill smaller gaps under your fence that the trim panels do.
The trim panels can be fitted to your fence without having to pull it apart.

In my quest for a solution to my fence spaces, I've looked at the plinths and I've seen plenty of cases where they are fitted to some fence lines, and further along on the same fence, gaps have been left open.
Being that they are different products for different applications, I'd say they could be used in conjunction on the same fence.
I'm suspicious you are actually the seller and are using this site to advertise your fence panels. And you're doing a find job disguising it. My reason, you have only 8 posts and all are about this one topic. Seems a bit strange to join a forum to ask if anyone has used a particular product which is only advertised on gumtree.
Prove you are not the seller....
Nice one, mate.
You do see I joined two years ago, right?

Jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams!
Well, almost didn't come back to post this.
I had him come out and show me. It's pretty much just what I'm after and easy to fit, but I am a homehandyman.
Maybe when I've put some in, I can post some photos of the result and be accused some more

Cheers.
That would be great Homehandyman. Never mind the paranoid people on here!

Related
21/05/2024
Capping used under JH Cladding in Façade

Building A New House

No. The same paint that they paint the wall with will be fine. The builder probably had every intention to paint it and not leave it black.

1/10/2023
Pest Proofing Ventilation gaps in brick veneer home

General Discussion

Brass fly wire, you will need to cut it, shape it and jam it into brick slots

1/12/2023
Mortar holes/gaps in a 10yo townhouse - are these bad?

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place - I’m new to the property/building journey (trying to buy my first home) so not sure where/who to go with these sorts of…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum