Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Creepers or Privacy plants in pots

Page 1 of 1
We have a privacy issue between ourselves and our neighbours. We're on good terms with them, and we're trying to come up with a solution. We need some sort of privacy barrier, around 3-4m wide and 2m high. It needs to sit in a common outdoor area, which is all concrete.

So my idea is make a freestanding lattice stucture, and grow a creeper in a large pot(s) to cover it (this has my gf's approval; she'd much prefer to look at a plant than some timber lattice). The area to cover will be 3 – 4 metres wide, and maybe 2m high, and I'm in melbourne.

1. Can someone recommend a good climbing vine or creeper for this? I'm looking for low maintenance. I don't mind the watering, but I'd prefer if it didn't flower or drop leaves everywhere, because it will be a little unsightly on concrete.

2. Is it possible to buy them 'pre-grown'? We don't really want to have to wait years for our privacy to be restored, but the neighbours and my gf won't be too happy if we have to put shadecloth or something else up temporarily until the creeper is grown enough.

Thanks for any info. I don't know much about this stuff
Have you considered a structure designed for hanging baskets with trailing plants?

You can plant 2 or 3 trailing plants in the one basket and the effect will benefit both parties.

There are a range of suitable plants for hanging baskets but Verbena is a favourite.
Related
30/09/2023
Indoor Plant Pots

General Discussion

Can anyone recommend a good place to order indoor…

1/11/2023
Ideas for Privacy Wall?

General Discussion

Hi guys We have just removed a very large grape vine which was mounted to a structure along this wall. This is a shared wall with our neighbour, and after removal, we…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum