Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Aluminium Boundary fence - should I and could I do it myself

Page 1 of 1
I had been planning on putting it standard treated pine fencing around our new house, but we have a nice stand of greenery out the back from us and the idea of being able to see through it is very appealing.

Has anyone got back and side fences using aluminium fencing?
Has anyone gone DIY?

Would love to hear opinions or stories...
Aluminium as in open wire fence? Like chain mesh etc?
Like pool fencing?
Rather than chain mesh you could do farm fencing. Someone near me has a similar size block to me.... our fence cost around 2k... theirs cost around 16k.
Chain mesh is $$$$. Not sure how you'd go about doing it yourself, but farm fencing isn't too hard. A few people around us have done it themselves... I am not one of those people.
Yeah, what's commonly used for pool fences, kinda like this:

Pool fencing isn't hard. My DH and I have fenced two pool areas using tubular fencing - easy.
Pool fencing is easy. This was my first go at it.

I love the vista of trees I get in my garden, what about a beautifill green hedge, using some specimen trees along the hedge every 3m. Or have some specimen trees at each end to frame your vista
Nice block

I just put up our side return fences and gates and a 2 panel side fence with timber post on the weekend, we just brought the panels from bunnings and the timber posts from a timber yard, It was not hard to do but I noticed you are in Brisbane give top dog fencing (they came back the cheapest quote by heaps you buy the panels from them then pay the installer) a call they did our pool fence and they are really cheap it might not cost that much more to get them in to do it and it will be up in a day.

http://www.topdogsystems.com.au/fencing.htm

Cheers Lou
Related
24/09/2023
Best way to attach perspex to an aluminium fence

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Using a rivet sounds like a good idea thanks

5/04/2024
Fence boundary - New Lot

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi everyone, My lot has just been titled and during the settlement we found that the rear pegs were not visible. We requested for a re-establishment and pegging plan…

10/04/2024
New Fence - Boundary

Building A New House

Hi, It’s important to keep in mind that dividing fences have thickness, so it’s impracticable to expect them to be wholly constructed within the neighbouring…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum