Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

cheapest place to buy water tanks

Page 1 of 1
Looking at buying a slim line water tank that is atleast 2500L. Ive had a quick look at bunnings and they are around the $1000 mark. Can anyone advise the cheapest place to buy a tank, pump and all fittings.
Thanks
Surely some one has bought a rain water tank and can advise the pricing or atleast store details....
Chris and Maries have a special at the moment. 2600 slimline $899.00 standalone

http://www.hellohello.com.au/tank/tank.html
Where abouts are you?
Adrian B
Where abouts are you?

Will be for our new house that is being built in Pakenham
Bunnings are ok. A few generalisations though. Slimlines are more expensive, and the fittings are not cheap. Keep an eye ut on specials for tank and pump such as the chris and maries' ones above

To give you some very rough fitting prices, the tap on the tank will be about $15-20, then connector from tap to hose is $8. Hi pressure hose (black with blue stripe) is about $3 pm, elbows for the hose is about $6 each.

and that is just to get you to the pump.

YTou need to determine what you are going to do with the water, to determine the pump size etc Just because you get a big tank doesnt mean u need a big pump, it depends on the usage.

Re the Chris and Marie one, I would ask what is i the pump kit and tank kit.
The water will be used to mainly water the front and rear gardens, vegie patch and washing the car, house windows etc...
The slimline tank would fit nicely down the side of the house. I have noticed they are more expensive, but theres no room for a standard round tank.
Pump would be connected to only 1 tap and then to a hose with trigger nozzle.
When It comes time to buy, i shal get pump and all connectors...
Yes slimline tanks are more expensive, but from a room perspective you are better to go with the slimline.
I may be able to get a 2100lt slim line tank
with pump
pump cover and mains top up valve for about $1400
is that cheap??

It is supposed to be builders price.
hi are you still looking for a slim line tank have you tryed ebay they have some delivery from sydney and melbourne
Reece sell 2000 liter slim lines for roughly 900, but thats trade price. They have a statewide (nsw) special on pumps (its called a garden pressure pump) for $300 (vada)

In sydney the cheapest tanks are from a place at Toongabie 1300460097 is their number. im not sure of their prices but i remember they were heaps cheaper than reece.
Bit late on this one but this mob have some competitive prices on tanks.
This is the Victorian link...
http://www.irrigationwarehouse.com.au/category282_1.htm
Fu Manchu
Bit late on this one but this mob have some competitive prices on tanks.
This is the Victorian link...
http://www.irrigationwarehouse.com.au/category282_1.htm

Awesome, thanks for that - i have bookmarked it for when im close to needing it.

Can anyone recommend anyone to help install it all in Vic?
we are getting ours from kingst0n tanks in Burwood (vic) they have several plumbers who are happy to hook up for approx $500. the slimline 3000 L is for about 1200 w pump.
One of the plumbers warned about Bunn!ngs range that split easily. so make sure what you buy comes with a good warranty.
good luck
Related
3/01/2024
Rainwater tanks in BAL FZ

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Thank you it really does, appreciate your response!

5/12/2023
Rainwater Tanks not filling in light rain

General Discussion

That was always going to be a challenge and a test of patience. Full marks to your mate. Did you discuss the wet area near the trampoline?

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum