Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Newcastle House-landscaping - veggies, general trial + error

Page 5 of 10
Wow, it ties in so well with your house. So much extra space now!

Is the pool going in between the patio and the jacarandas you planted?
cat_dunc
I'm pleased to say our roof is finally done!

Nice children's play set under cover, rain or shine they can still play outside with less mud or sand coming inside the house.
Will you put fans in the middle?

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81624
yvonneh
Wow. Looks fabulous. You must be so pleased!

And I see you have decided on the pool! Yay.

Renders? 😎

Thanks so much

Haha nah no renders. I'm sick of looking at it on the computer.
manderinne
Wow, it ties in so well with your house. So much extra space now!

Is the pool going in between the patio and the jacarandas you planted?

Heaaaps of lovely covered space goodness. It's the best.

Pool will go up on the top 'platform' I guess you call it (the pink spray paint on the ground in those photos)
shazaw
Nice children's play set under cover, rain or shine they can still play outside with less mud or sand coming inside the house.
Will you put fans in the middle?

Yep for sure. We can now let them play without slathering them in sunscreen only for them to get bored ten minutes later
We had intended to put fans in when the roof went up, but i forgot to ask him again. Now we'll just see how it goes without and then get them installed next summer if we feel it needs it. There's usually a lovely breeze out there from the lake, and the open gable ends let the air come right through.
Hi Cat_dunc, I'm hoping you can tell me what the lovely plants are out the front in your garden? The ones with the purple flowers?

Patio looks fantastic! It's been great seeing your journey.

These ones?

Thanks so much Shellu.

Do you mean the Silver Lirriope? (http://www.poyntonsofessendon.com.au/files/wjztmxlpld/Liriope-Silver-dragon--w788h1050.jpg)

They're great plants. Seem to be quite hardy and are popping up new shoots/plants nearby.
Thanks Cat, it was actually the society garlic, found it after some searching.

Ohh you're right. The liriope is next to it and not in flower right now. Sorry I should've gone out to check the tag.
No worries. I actually like both!

A small update though a bit achievement to us. We've nearly finished the top section.

Some pretty great DIY stormwater

Prepping for the paving:

Some paving down and the fountain set up, Dad helping in the background:

Turning and mixing gypsum through the compacted and clay soil.

All turned, now working out the levels:

Turf underlay and fertiliser spread over the top, loved raking this. Reminded me of a Japanese zen garden. If it weren't for the dogs or kids I would've opted to keep it as my 'raking de-stress garden'

Laying the turf:

And the finished product:

To say we're happy is an understatement!

Still need to move plants around, plant new garden around the fountain. Drill holes in fountain and plant out with succulents (found a great pic on Pinterest- watch this space!), cut pavers to fill in the gaps, put paving sand in all the paver gaps, do the fences and of course get the pool installed so we can finish the back section.

But, for the moment, we are celebrating that we have some grass!
I always look forward to see updates on your landscaping thread and love it!! Fantastic job. Loves your paving.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
shazaw
I always look forward to see updates on your landscaping thread and love it!! Fantastic job. Loves your paving.

Thanks Shazaw
Omg that looks amazing! What a fantastic job.

yvonneh
Omg that looks amazing! What a fantastic job.

Thanks
we're all sore but worth it.

Did the DA get approved next to your place?
Wow Cat what a fantastic job! It looks amazing you guys should definitely be celebrating!!

BrownDog77
Wow Cat what a fantastic job! It looks amazing you guys should definitely be celebrating!!

Thanks heaps! We love it so much. Bring on summer!
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum