Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Tile grout haze cleaning?

Page 1 of 1
I'm at my wits end with this.

House is all tiles. I have the most stubborn grout haze in history.

Mopping multiple times with strong floor cleaners was useless.

Tried acid based chemicals from Bunnings. Made them stronger, scrubbed with steel wool.

Still nothing.

The tiles are the long floor board look ones. Nice and textured so that it makes the job much harder.

Every time I mop the floor looks great till it dries then all the dusty shadows return.

It's like the tiles are laughing at me....

I'm very hesitant to get in 'professionals' as the 'professional' window cleaners I got did more damage than cleaning.

But I can't keep spending hours doing this and getting nowhere either.

Please don't just google / YouTube your reply. I have tried most of it.

If this can't get sorted I would like to know of any professional floor cleaners in Sydney that can get the job done, I'm well and truly over it.

Thanks
Hi Jason, what did you end up using? We've got this problem at the moment and nothing is working.

Thanks, Sharon

Jason_
I'm at my wits end with this.

House is all tiles. I have the most stubborn grout haze in history.

Mopping multiple times with strong floor cleaners was useless.

Tried acid based chemicals from Bunnings. Made them stronger, scrubbed with steel wool.

Still nothing.

The tiles are the long floor board look ones. Nice and textured so that it makes the job much harder.

Every time I mop the floor looks great till it dries then all the dusty shadows return.

It's like the tiles are laughing at me....

I'm very hesitant to get in 'professionals' as the 'professional' window cleaners I got did more damage than cleaning.

But I can't keep spending hours doing this and getting nowhere either.

Please don't just google / YouTube your reply. I have tried most of it.

If this can't get sorted I would like to know of any professional floor cleaners in Sydney that can get the job done, I'm well and truly over it.

Thanks
I remember cleaning this off my parents new tiling in laundry and toilet. I did it tile by tile with microfibre cloths bought from reject shop. One wet. One dry. Clean with the wet then dry and polish with the dry one. Use medium pressure.
Related
5/08/2023
Grout tile around spigot?

Paving & Concreting

Thanks splashers, that makes sense. The waterproofing guy used this Davco product, I will raise the issue with builder and hopefully get resolved with him - if not…

29/04/2024
Black tile grout become a chalky colour.

Flooring & Floor Covering

Have some black tiles in our bathroom on one feature wall laid on top of the waterproofing. What I think is efflorescence or white chalky looking grout has turned the…

20/10/2023
Grout stains in new bathroom

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hi everyone, Have just put a shower in the laundry and after only using it 2-3 times have noticed staining on the grout. The tiles were glued onto a concrete wall after…

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum