Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Leaky tap

Page 1 of 1
Noticed the tap is leaking, traced to the underside of the kitchen sink and it appears that the leak comes from the connector. I tried to tighten it with a wrench but there's not enough clearance. I was wondering is there a special tool for situations like this? Or does it require the removal of the entire faucet?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

They generally don't come lose as they aren't suppose to be over tightened.

The o ring keeps it watertight.

I'd take off the mixer and see how tight or loose it is. Don't over tighten it.

It could be a number of things.

How old and what brand is it?

Thought it was a 2 minute fix, now sounds like a project for the weekend.

Meanwhile I have put a bowl underneath to catch the leak.

Not sure about the brand, some no name cheapy, it's not even that old. Will take a closer look on Saturday, may be time to upgrade to something better.
I'm not a fan of cheap tapware, they aren't very cost effective.

You can get a quality kitchen mixer from $100.

Not to hard, really. Undo the mixer, lift it up and check the connections. When checked replace. Worst case is it still has a slight leak in which case get new "o" and fit them. No need to hit panic stations just yet.
Usually a small open-ended spanner will fit.

It can be done from within the cupboard by undoing the lower end, and tightening the top connection. If it still leaks the inner O ring needs replacing
delatite13
Not to hard, really. Undo the mixer, lift it up and check the connections. When checked replace. Worst case is it still has a slight leak in which case get new "o" and fit them. No need to hit panic stations just yet.

^^^ X2 !

worst case scenario me thinks to change the braided hoses.
Related
21/12/2023
Brass or Stainless steel made tap for Kitchen

Bathrooms and Laundry

Brass or 2) Stainless steel made - which Kitchen tap is good for drinking.Brass kitchen taps in Australia contain lead…

18/01/2024
Tap in rain water tank?

General Discussion

Can a plumber put a tap on a rain water tank which is full? Tank is similar to one in photo. Cheers.

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum